Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > cant not connect wireless under WAP

cant not connect wireless under WAP

=?Utf-8?B?YWJj?=

Dear All,
I am using WAP-ASK for my Router and i am using Win XP Pro SP2, but i
wouldnt connect through wireless under WAP and normally there are WEP and WAP
for my choice in wireless device. But it only WEP there. I got this problem
on my other computer in the past, but it fixed automaticly, any advice for me
please? futhermore, i did all the window update already. I am using Toshiba
Portege 2010 serice, mobile Intel (R) Pentium (R)III CPU , Toshiba Wireless
LAN Mini PCI Card.

Thx all

David Hettel

Your hardware and drivers must support WAP to use it, I believe some of
Toshiba older hardware doesn't support the use of WAP. Generally when this
happens the options are not available. Have you tried reinstalling the
drivers for your hardware?

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

"abc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear All,
> I am using WAP-ASK for my Router and i am using Win XP Pro SP2, but i
> wouldnt connect through wireless under WAP and normally there are WEP and
> WAP
> for my choice in wireless device. But it only WEP there. I got this
> problem
> on my other computer in the past, but it fixed automaticly, any advice for
> me
> please? futhermore, i did all the window update already. I am using
> Toshiba
> Portege 2010 serice, mobile Intel (R) Pentium (R)III CPU , Toshiba
> Wireless
> LAN Mini PCI Card.
>
> Thx all

=?Utf-8?B?YWJj?=

I got other same model computer, it support to WAP and the same problem at
the past, but automaticly support WAP after. So i dont know what happened. Is
that about window update? or it should be the driver of the hardware?