Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cant not use WAP

Cant not use WAP

=?Utf-8?B?YWJj?=

Dear All,
I am using WAP-ASK for my Router and i am using Win XP Pro SP2, but i
wouldnt connect through wireless under WAP and normally there are WEP and WAP
for my choice in wireless device. I got this problem on my other computer in
the past, but it fixed automaticly, any advice for me please? I am using
Toshiba Portege 2010 serice, mobile Intel (R) Pentium (R)III CPU , Toshiba
Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card.

Thx all

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
From the weakest to the Strongest..
No Security
MAC
WEP
WPA-PSK
WPA-AES
WPA2
May be this can Help - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
The security must be set according to lowest capable Wireless component.
I.e. even most of you Wireless components are capable to do WPA2, but one
device is only capable to do WEP, the whole system must be configured to
WEP.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...