Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless firewall help needed

wireless firewall help needed

=?Utf-8?B?bXJvZA==?=

I am looking to install a firewall on my wireless that will block my
neighbors from getting on the router. I just cant figure out how to do
it...and I need someone's help. Please....someone help me.
--
mrod

=?Utf-8?B?RHVtbXk=?=

Take a look at the response quoted below to another similar question.
quote
"Hi

First question is, why your Wireless Security does not work?

May be it is time for new Hardware.

As a Band-Aid.

Give a static IP to each computer on the network and disable the DHCP on the
Router.

If you Router has control on Internet traffic allows it only your static
IPs.

Put a software Firewall on each computer and allow Local Traffic (Trusted
Zone) only for the IPs of your computers.

If you have only one computer make sure that File sharing is Off.

If you have few computers and you share files, unbind TCP/IP from Sharing,
install NetBEUI, and bind it to the sharing.

It would help to protected you from people that are not very computer savvy.

Real geeks might be able to get to the Internet but your own computers would
be relatively safe. (http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html ).

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"David Sherman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I can't connect to my wireless network with any type of protection,
> what is the best way to protect my PC's?
>
> thanks "

unquote