Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Wireless won't connect after rebooting

Re: Wireless won't connect after rebooting

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

I am not familiar with the term/device BT Hub, and why it needs its own
browser and software. It seems to me that there are too many applications
that are trying to configure/control the Wireless.

Try to use one set of application and disable others.

Usually regular Wireless source (Wireless Router/Access Point) does not need
software or special browser.

On the computer, you can use for configuration the software that came with
Netgear Wireless card, or Windows Zero Configuration, but not both. When
using one the other has to be out of the memory and processes.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"peasamon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I've just installed a netgear WG111v2 usb wireless adapter for my desktop
> and received a bt home hub to receive the wireless connection from. All
> was
> well at first after installing all of the software that came with the bt
> hub,
> and was able to connect through wireless to internet. However after
> restarting my desktop i have been unable to connect. The wierd thing is
> that
> the netgear program supplied with the adapter is able to make a fine
> connection, and so is the bt connection wizard however when try to access
> this through Internet explorer it is not finding the connection, nor is it
> finding it through the browser supplied with the hub.
>
> I've tried to overide the software provided with the adapter through
> using
> microsoft to configure the same connection and , however this seems to get
> stuck when trying to acquire the network address. I just can't understand
> that the netgear program is finding the connection, that the bt connection
> wizard is finding the connection, yet i cannot use the connection to
> connect
> to the internet through IE or the bt browser.
>
> Also each time i do try to connect through these it wants to use the dial
> up
> modem to do this, even though have removed all connections from
> connections
> in IE options. It still manages to find a number to connect to my old ISP,
> even though i though i had removed this?!
>
> I don't know alot about computers i'm affraid and i would really really
> like
> some help or ideas on this one, anything will be appreciated

David Hettel

My guess is bt means British Telecom, the supplier of the device in this
case. Have you tried unplugging the hub then plugging the hub back in to
force a reboot? It's possible that you need the bt software to log in to the
BT network.

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

news:%23CPCR%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I am not familiar with the term/device BT Hub, and why it needs its own
> browser and software. It seems to me that there are too many applications
> that are trying to configure/control the Wireless.
>
> Try to use one set of application and disable others.
>
> Usually regular Wireless source (Wireless Router/Access Point) does not
> need software or special browser.
>
> On the computer, you can use for configuration the software that came with
> Netgear Wireless card, or Windows Zero Configuration, but not both. When
> using one the other has to be out of the memory and processes.
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "peasamon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello
>>
>> I've just installed a netgear WG111v2 usb wireless adapter for my desktop
>> and received a bt home hub to receive the wireless connection from. All
>> was
>> well at first after installing all of the software that came with the bt
>> hub,
>> and was able to connect through wireless to internet. However after
>> restarting my desktop i have been unable to connect. The wierd thing is
>> that
>> the netgear program supplied with the adapter is able to make a fine
>> connection, and so is the bt connection wizard however when try to access
>> this through Internet explorer it is not finding the connection, nor is
>> it
>> finding it through the browser supplied with the hub.
>>
>> I've tried to overide the software provided with the adapter through
>> using
>> microsoft to configure the same connection and , however this seems to
>> get
>> stuck when trying to acquire the network address. I just can't understand
>> that the netgear program is finding the connection, that the bt
>> connection
>> wizard is finding the connection, yet i cannot use the connection to
>> connect
>> to the internet through IE or the bt browser.
>>
>> Also each time i do try to connect through these it wants to use the dial
>> up
>> modem to do this, even though have removed all connections from
>> connections
>> in IE options. It still manages to find a number to connect to my old
>> ISP,
>> even though i though i had removed this?!
>>
>> I don't know alot about computers i'm affraid and i would really really
>> like
>> some help or ideas on this one, anything will be appreciated

=?Utf-8?B?cGVhc2Ftb24=?=

Hello

Thanks to you both on this one, i now seem to have got the wireless
connection working, and i will go with the answer that two programs are
trying to configure the connection. It seems to have been resolved using the
Windows zero, but this still is only finding the connection after a few
attempts, so i'm assuming its still conflicting with other connection
processes, but the fact that is doing so means that it can work and i guess i
can live with it!

many thanks!