Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > VIOP

AC

Hi,

I have a funny question.

I have a laptop with wifi connection.

Is is possible to "roam" and make VIOP calls ??

Andy

kharnal

AC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a funny question.
>
> I have a laptop with wifi connection.
>
> Is is possible to "roam" and make VIOP calls ??
>
> Andy

VIOP?

HAHAHAHA

Voice Over IP

LOL

David Hettel

Well it depends on the VoIP service and the provider of Wi-Fi. My guess is
it's a lot easier to make than receive calls. I use MSN Messenger to talk to
other people all the time, Skype also works.

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

"AC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eiAph.61270$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a funny question.
>
> I have a laptop with wifi connection.
>
> Is is possible to "roam" and make VIOP calls ??
>
> Andy

Arkady Frenkel

If you have needed s/w installed ( which connect to VOIP provider ) , and
internet ( wired or wireless ( AP/router ) ) obviously you can talk. BTW my
laptop have no built-in microphone so to talk I need to use external one
Arkady

"AC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eiAph.61270$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a funny question.
>
> I have a laptop with wifi connection.
>
> Is is possible to "roam" and make VIOP calls ??
>
> Andy

Arkady Frenkel

If you want standalone s/w you can check www.xten.com e.g.
Arkady

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Viop mobile Peter Turtill UK VOIP 6 12-05-2010 12:06 PM
VIOP using Vigortalk - connection problems pj VOIP 1 11-27-2007 08:44 AM
Need to record VIOP calls via Yahoo's Voice, help Bob Brown INC. VOIP 0 06-29-2007 05:51 AM
Grandstream GXP 2000 VIOP Phone. CameraFish VOIP 6 06-10-2006 11:23 AM
viop use which port TSB Computer Support 1 04-13-2006 04:54 PM

Advertisments