Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Intel PRO/2200bg problems - can't connect with office or home Wireless LAN

Reply
Thread Tools

Intel PRO/2200bg problems - can't connect with office or home Wireless LAN

 
 
JS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-05-2007
Background: I have a Dell Latitude D600 with Pro/2200bg wireless connection
on Windows XP professional with SP2. The radar like wireless icon of
PRO/2200gb in the tray was fine (green signal and everything) but used to
show Nordic( Swedish!) language so I asked my admin to change the language
to English. He went ahead and uninstalled the driver completely and told me
a re-install will get English language.

However: Now I can't connect with any wireless connection anywhere - office
or home despite many re-installs of 2200bg driver from both dell and Intel
sites. Admin is clueless.

When I right click on the Wireless icon -everything is greyed out except for
OPEN INTEL PROset WIRELESS and OPEN INTEL WIRELESS TROUBLESHOOTER.
- When I click the Troubleshooter the message is CURRENTLY THERE ARE NO
ISSUES REPORTED.
-When I click on OPEN Intel proset Wireless the pop says Intel
PROset/Wireless was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Pls.
install a supported wireless adapter.

* If I go to drivers and look at Network Adapters - it shows Intel
PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection in green but if I right click it, I
see a pop-up that says ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY. If I click OK
button on the pop up, it shows a window with 5 tabs( General,
Advanced,Driver, Details, Resources) - In the general category its says"
This device is working properly" and the Device usage shows Device enabled
* there is another Network Adapter that is marked with a red tag (and I
believe this adapter was not there earlier at all) Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG
Network Connection - PACKET SCHEDULER MINIPORT that is shown as disabled. If
I enable it , I get the message - " Windows successfully enabled this
device, however, this device is still not working properly and the red tag
changes to a yellow colored ! sign.

could somebody pls. guide me how to rectify these errors.
Thank you Very much for reading and responding.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-05-2007

"JS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Background: I have a Dell Latitude D600 with Pro/2200bg wireless
> connection on Windows XP professional with SP2. The radar like wireless
> icon of PRO/2200gb in the tray was fine (green signal and everything) but
> used to show Nordic( Swedish!) language so I asked my admin to change the
> language to English. He went ahead and uninstalled the driver completely
> and told me a re-install will get English language.
>
> However: Now I can't connect with any wireless connection anywhere -
> office or home despite many re-installs of 2200bg driver from both dell
> and Intel sites. Admin is clueless.
>
> When I right click on the Wireless icon -everything is greyed out except
> for OPEN INTEL PROset WIRELESS and OPEN INTEL WIRELESS TROUBLESHOOTER.
> - When I click the Troubleshooter the message is CURRENTLY THERE ARE NO
> ISSUES REPORTED.
> -When I click on OPEN Intel proset Wireless the pop says Intel
> PROset/Wireless was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Pls.
> install a supported wireless adapter.
>
> * If I go to drivers and look at Network Adapters - it shows Intel
> PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection in green but if I right click it, I
> see a pop-up that says ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY. If I click OK
> button on the pop up, it shows a window with 5 tabs( General,
> Advanced,Driver, Details, Resources) - In the general category its says"
> This device is working properly" and the Device usage shows Device enabled
> * there is another Network Adapter that is marked with a red tag (and I
> believe this adapter was not there earlier at all) Intel PRO/Wireless
> 2200BG Network Connection - PACKET SCHEDULER MINIPORT that is shown as
> disabled. If I enable it , I get the message - " Windows successfully
> enabled this device, however, this device is still not working properly
> and the red tag changes to a yellow colored ! sign.
>
> could somebody pls. guide me how to rectify these errors.
> Thank you Very much for reading and responding.
>
>
>

Perhaps there the adapter cannot connect because it has a hardware problem.
You could try reseating the adapter (although if this were the problem, I
would not expect that XP would report that the device is working properly).
Jim


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David Hettel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2007
It almost sounds as if your adapter is powered off. Do you have a switch to
enable it on your Dell? If not you might try pressing Function F5 at the
same time.

--
David Hettel

Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group for everyone
to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions addressed directly to me in
E-mail or news groups.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Program
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

DISCLAIMER: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, made in relation to the accuracy, reliability
or content of this post. The author shall not be liable for any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of, or
inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post and confers
no rights.



"Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9Gznh.32030$(E-Mail Removed) et...
>
> "JS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Background: I have a Dell Latitude D600 with Pro/2200bg wireless
>> connection on Windows XP professional with SP2. The radar like wireless
>> icon of PRO/2200gb in the tray was fine (green signal and everything) but
>> used to show Nordic( Swedish!) language so I asked my admin to change the
>> language to English. He went ahead and uninstalled the driver completely
>> and told me a re-install will get English language.
>>
>> However: Now I can't connect with any wireless connection anywhere -
>> office or home despite many re-installs of 2200bg driver from both dell
>> and Intel sites. Admin is clueless.
>>
>> When I right click on the Wireless icon -everything is greyed out except
>> for OPEN INTEL PROset WIRELESS and OPEN INTEL WIRELESS TROUBLESHOOTER.
>> - When I click the Troubleshooter the message is CURRENTLY THERE ARE NO
>> ISSUES REPORTED.
>> -When I click on OPEN Intel proset Wireless the pop says Intel
>> PROset/Wireless was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter. Pls.
>> install a supported wireless adapter.
>>
>> * If I go to drivers and look at Network Adapters - it shows Intel
>> PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection in green but if I right click it,
>> I see a pop-up that says ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY. If I click
>> OK button on the pop up, it shows a window with 5 tabs( General,
>> Advanced,Driver, Details, Resources) - In the general category its says"
>> This device is working properly" and the Device usage shows Device
>> enabled
>> * there is another Network Adapter that is marked with a red tag (and I
>> believe this adapter was not there earlier at all) Intel PRO/Wireless
>> 2200BG Network Connection - PACKET SCHEDULER MINIPORT that is shown as
>> disabled. If I enable it , I get the message - " Windows successfully
>> enabled this device, however, this device is still not working properly
>> and the red tag changes to a yellow colored ! sign.
>>
>> could somebody pls. guide me how to rectify these errors.
>> Thank you Very much for reading and responding.
>>
>>
>>

> Perhaps there the adapter cannot connect because it has a hardware
> problem. You could try reseating the adapter (although if this were the
> problem, I would not expect that XP would report that the device is
> working properly).
> Jim
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Pavel A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2007
Probably you installed the latest PROset software. It does not support
2200 adapters any longer. Get an earlier version that supports 2200.

Regards,
--PA

"JS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Background: I have a Dell Latitude D600 with Pro/2200bg wireless connection on Windows XP professional with SP2. The radar
> like wireless icon of PRO/2200gb in the tray was fine (green signal and everything) but used to show Nordic( Swedish!)
> language so I asked my admin to change the language to English. He went ahead and uninstalled the driver completely and told
> me a re-install will get English language.
>
> However: Now I can't connect with any wireless connection anywhere - office or home despite many re-installs of 2200bg driver
> from both dell and Intel sites. Admin is clueless.
>
> When I right click on the Wireless icon -everything is greyed out except for OPEN INTEL PROset WIRELESS and OPEN INTEL
> WIRELESS TROUBLESHOOTER.
> - When I click the Troubleshooter the message is CURRENTLY THERE ARE NO ISSUES REPORTED.
> -When I click on OPEN Intel proset Wireless the pop says Intel PROset/Wireless was unable to detect a supported wireless
> adapter. Pls. install a supported wireless adapter.
>
> * If I go to drivers and look at Network Adapters - it shows Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection in green but if I
> right click it, I see a pop-up that says ADAPTER STATE NOT FOUND IN REGISTRY. If I click OK button on the pop up, it shows a
> window with 5 tabs( General, Advanced,Driver, Details, Resources) - In the general category its says" This device is working
> properly" and the Device usage shows Device enabled
> * there is another Network Adapter that is marked with a red tag (and I believe this adapter was not there earlier at all)
> Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection - PACKET SCHEDULER MINIPORT that is shown as disabled. If I enable it , I get the
> message - " Windows successfully enabled this device, however, this device is still not working properly and the red tag
> changes to a yellow colored ! sign.
>
> could somebody pls. guide me how to rectify these errors.
> Thank you Very much for reading and responding.
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Haywood_U Haywood_U is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1
 
      10-29-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel A.
Probably you installed the latest PROset software. It does not support
2200 adapters any longer. Get an earlier version that supports 2200.

Regards,
--PA
Sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but I'm having a similar problem.

Curious if you ever got this problem solved?

I'm not too sure about the latest version of PROset not supporting the 2200bg anymore. It is still listed as a supported card on the website. They actually just announced the EOL of the product earlier this year.

I've narrowed this down to an XP problem - I dual boot (XP and Vista) and the card works fine in Vista.

Both OS also have Odyssey Client (Juniper) installed - however I do not have PROset installed on Vista.

After attempting to install PROset on XP, it seems to have completely killed my wireless adapter. It is recognized in device manager as fully functional. It shows up in Network Connections and even acts like it is attempting to connect.

Running ipconfig /all only shows my ethernet adapter.

Odyssey opens but reports that no adapters are installed.

PROset opens and tells me that no valid adapters are installed.

Opening the adapter in Device Manager gives me the "adapter state not found in registry" message.

I cleaned the registry of any references to PROset and reinstalled the adapter (as XP recognizes it as new hardware) but I'm still presented with the same problems.

Any clues?

Thanks!
 
Reply With Quote
 
2bz 2bz is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1
 
      12-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood_U
After attempting to install PROset on XP, it seems to have completely killed my wireless adapter. It is recognized in device manager as fully functional. It shows up in Network Connections and even acts like it is attempting to connect.

Any clues?
I found a clue:

---

Recommended Service Packs for Windows XP*
Service Pack for Microsoft Windows XP*

For the driver and software to function correctly on Windows XP, the recommendation is to install Service Pack 1 or later.
Windows Installer 3.1 v2 for Microsoft Windows XP

For the driver and software to function correctly on Windows XP, ensure that the Windows Installer 3.1 v2 or greater is installed.

---

I think the key is a new MSI since you probably already have at least SP1 installed. Look for the 3.1 v2 or even the 4.5 redistributable on the Microsoft site:

Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2)

or

Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please help - Intel Pro/Wireless LAN 2100 3A mini PCI adapter =?Utf-8?B?Q3VyaW91cyBDYWxseQ==?= Wireless Networking 3 01-22-2008 08:15 PM
My laptop won't connect to my home wireless network, but it will connect to other wireless networks. david_beede@yahoo.com Wireless Networking 1 05-24-2007 06:11 PM
Error !INTEL(R) 8256v 10/1000 Platform LAN connect... =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgWXVsZQ==?= Wireless Networking 0 03-11-2007 10:59 AM
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG - Cant connect to wireless in Dell Inspiron 1300 albertleng Wireless Networking 5 09-17-2006 12:45 AM
Can't connect wired linksys lan to wireless belkin lan Tom D Wireless Networking 4 01-24-2005 02:06 PM



Advertisments