Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless adapter is disabled by device manager

wireless adapter is disabled by device manager

=?Utf-8?B?cmVj?=

My wireless adapter is disabled by device manager when the laptop is in
standby for more than about an hour. For shorter periods of time it isn't
disabled. I can go to device manager and disable the card and then enable it
and it works fine. Several different messages can display. One is :

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I've already disabled the power save and minimum power consumption modes on
the card.

This is a brand new machine and the manufacturer is no help. Any ideas?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Some Laptop in their quest to save Battery work this way.
Unless the BIOS or a special manufacturer utility allow you to take the
Network Cards out of the saving loop there is Nothing that you can do about
it.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...