Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > modem -- PC~~ Router -- xbox

modem -- PC~~ Router -- xbox

=?Utf-8?B?QWw=?=

Ok I need to setup a wireless network for a friend but the setup is not
typical. The internet connection has to be in one room with the desktop that
is wifi enabled. The xbox must be in the other room connected with the
wireless router. And there are laptops in the household that need to use the
internet from the PC. I have a ad-hoc connection working form pc to laptops
is there anyway to set the router to use that ad-hoc connection or for the PC
to share the bandwidth through the router?

We'd prefer not to buy more hardware. I know that would be simpler but im in
college and not making money yet

Sergio

Al escreveu em 27-12-2006 6:20:
> Ok I need to setup a wireless network for a friend but the setup is not
> typical. The internet connection has to be in one room with the desktop that
> is wifi enabled. The xbox must be in the other room connected with the
> wireless router. And there are laptops in the household that need to use the
> internet from the PC. I have a ad-hoc connection working form pc to laptops
> is there anyway to set the router to use that ad-hoc connection or for the PC
> to share the bandwidth through the router?
>
> We'd prefer not to buy more hardware. I know that would be simpler but im in
> college and not making money yet

isn't it possible to put modem-router-pc ? or is your modem adsl or
dial-up.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

You cannot solve such a topology arrangement without buying more Hardware.

In addition, multiple Ad-Hocs connections are not a very stable form of
Wireless connections.

You probably can get away with buying an additional Router that can do WDS
(http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html ).

This one is very good and inexpensive,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...N82E1683316217

There are few ways to configure the topology, this page might help to find
one that fits your environment.

Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...