Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > bluetooth

bluetooth

=?Utf-8?B?eXVtbXltdW1teQ==?=

hi, got a new phone for xmas, would like to connect it to my pc but do not
have a usb cable it says i have to do it via bluetooth or infared would like
help please anything would halp lol

David Hettel

OK So does your computer have Bluetooth or IR? What do you wish to do once
connected? Do you have software to talk to your phone? A normal desktop
computer will generally not have IR and it may or may not have Bluetooth. It
may be cheaper to get the connection kit for your phone.

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

"yummymummy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi, got a new phone for xmas, would like to connect it to my pc but do not
> have a usb cable it says i have to do it via bluetooth or infared would
> like
> help please anything would halp lol

=?Utf-8?B?eXVtbXltdW1teQ==?=

hi, thnx for you help im not very good with all these computer terms lol .
my phone is the new nokia 6111 and it dosent have any connection kits and no
holes for anything onlu the charger and headset. my compuetr is one of the
newest ones i think, its windows xp. when reading the manual to the phone it
tells me to go to the control panel and there should be a bluetooth link
there but there isnt? anymore helpful hints would be great ? thnx

"David Hettel" wrote:

> OK So does your computer have Bluetooth or IR? What do you wish to do once
> connected? Do you have software to talk to your phone? A normal desktop
> computer will generally not have IR and it may or may not have Bluetooth. It
> may be cheaper to get the connection kit for your phone.
>
> --
> David Hettel

> E-mail or news groups.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

> no rights.
>

> "yummymummy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi, got a new phone for xmas, would like to connect it to my pc but do not
> > have a usb cable it says i have to do it via bluetooth or infared would
> > like
> > help please anything would halp lol

David Hettel

If you post your PC brand and model I can try to check and see if it has
Bluetooth, from your description it sounds like it doesn't.

You might want to take a look at this page,
http://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/nokia...le-p-1192.html It looks to
me like the Nokia CA-53 Data Cable is what you want, note that it appears to
come with Nokia PC suite (Communication Software and Drivers) and a bonus:
CD-ROM Containing Thousands of ring tones and wallpapers. You're going to
need the Nokia PC suite software and drivers to use your phone with your PC.
The cable plugs into the hole you use to charge your phone.

Note that you can download Nokia PC suite for free from here
http://europe.nokia.com/A4144903

Also your phone appears to work with three different USB cables, DKU-2,
CA-53, CA-70

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

"yummymummy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi, thnx for you help im not very good with all these computer terms lol .
> my phone is the new nokia 6111 and it dosent have any connection kits and
> no
> holes for anything onlu the charger and headset. my compuetr is one of the
> newest ones i think, its windows xp. when reading the manual to the phone
> it
> tells me to go to the control panel and there should be a bluetooth link
> there but there isnt? anymore helpful hints would be great ? thnx
>
> "David Hettel" wrote:
>
>> OK So does your computer have Bluetooth or IR? What do you wish to do
>> once
>> connected? Do you have software to talk to your phone? A normal desktop
>> computer will generally not have IR and it may or may not have Bluetooth.
>> It
>> may be cheaper to get the connection kit for your phone.
>>
>> --
>> David Hettel
>>
>> Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group for
>> everyone
>> to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions addressed directly to me
>> in
>> E-mail or news groups.

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>
>> DISCLAIMER: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranty of any
>> kind,
>> either expressed or implied, made in relation to the accuracy,
>> reliability
>> or content of this post. The author shall not be liable for any direct,
>> indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of,
>> or
>> inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post and
>> confers
>> no rights.
>>

>> "yummymummy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > hi, got a new phone for xmas, would like to connect it to my pc but do
>> > not
>> > have a usb cable it says i have to do it via bluetooth or infared would
>> > like
>> > help please anything would halp lol

Lem

yummymummy wrote:
> hi, thnx for you help im not very good with all these computer terms lol .
> my phone is the new nokia 6111 and it dosent have any connection kits and no
> holes for anything onlu the charger and headset. my compuetr is one of the
> newest ones i think, its windows xp. when reading the manual to the phone it
> tells me to go to the control panel and there should be a bluetooth link
> there but there isnt? anymore helpful hints would be great ? thnx
>
> "David Hettel" wrote:
>
>> OK So does your computer have Bluetooth or IR? What do you wish to do once
>> connected? Do you have software to talk to your phone? A normal desktop
>> computer will generally not have IR and it may or may not have Bluetooth. It
>> may be cheaper to get the connection kit for your phone.
>>
>> --
>> David Hettel
>>
>> Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group for everyone
>> to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions addressed directly to me in
>> E-mail or news groups.

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>
>> DISCLAIMER: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranty of any kind,
>> either expressed or implied, made in relation to the accuracy, reliability
>> or content of this post. The author shall not be liable for any direct,
>> indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of, or
>> inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post and confers
>> no rights.
>>

>> "yummymummy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> hi, got a new phone for xmas, would like to connect it to my pc but do not
>>> have a usb cable it says i have to do it via bluetooth or infared would
>>> like
>>> help please anything would halp lol

Your phone actually has 3 different ways to connect to your computer:
Bluetooth, infrared (IR), and USB. You may have received a USB cable in
the box with the phone. It may even be the wire that connects to your
battery charger. Does the wire disconnect from the charger? And if so,
does the end that connects to the charger look like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...x-USB_plug.jpg

If so, that is your USB cable.

Or, do you have a different cable that connects to the phone's
"charging" connection that does have an end that looks like the one in
the picture?

Your computer almost certainly has a USB connection. If it is a recent
laptop, it may also have an IR connection. And it's possible that it
may have a Bluetooth connection. However, as David wrote, we can't tell
until you tell us the make and model of your computer.

I don't know what may or may not have been included with your phone.
You may, in fact, have to buy a USB cable, unless your computer has
Bluetooth or IR capability. Unless you have a laptop with an IR port, a
USB cable, even if you have to buy one, is probably the least expensive,
most reliable, and simplest way to connect your phone to your computer.

You will probably want to install Nokia's "PC Suite" software on your
computer in order to use the phone with the computer. I imagine it came
on a CD packed with your phone. If not, you can download it -- and also
find a user guide and other supporting information -- from Nokia:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4144908

--
Lem MS MVP -- Networking

David Hettel

Well I'm glad to have been of some small help, to you.