Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Securing my wireless network

Securing my wireless network

brian

I have set up an actiontec wirelss network for broadband in my home.
When I click the connection icon in the system tray i see my connection
as available but it's status is 'unsecure' other connections listed
are, some not. How can i secure my network so that it is being used by
me and computers in my home?
Any help would be appreciated and i am sorry if i have'nt included som
obvious information, but i will try and provide any i can.
Thanks

David Hettel

See if these pages don't help;

David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

"brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>I have set up an actiontec wirelss network for broadband in my home.
> When I click the connection icon in the system tray i see my connection
> as available but it's status is 'unsecure' other connections listed
> are, some not. How can i secure my network so that it is being used by
> me and computers in my home?
> Any help would be appreciated and i am sorry if i have'nt included som
> obvious information, but i will try and provide any i can.
> Thanks

Sooner Al [MVP]

"brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>I have set up an actiontec wirelss network for broadband in my home.
> When I click the connection icon in the system tray i see my connection
> as available but it's status is 'unsecure' other connections listed
> are, some not. How can i secure my network so that it is being used by
> me and computers in my home?
> Any help would be appreciated and i am sorry if i have'nt included som
> obvious information, but i will try and provide any i can.
> Thanks

See your routers users manual for specific implementation instructions..

My general security guidelines...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...sSecurity.html

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)