Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > verilog to vhdl

verilog to vhdl

muni

hi
i have uart verilog code i need it in vhdl becouse all my design are
in vhdl so can u help how to convert it to vhdl.pease tell me any
tools if available,if tell me the other way urgent

muniraj

Thomas Stanka

Hi,

On 26 Feb., 08:48, "muni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i have uart verilog code i need it in vhdl becouse all my design are
> in vhdl so can u help how to convert it to vhdl.pease tell me any
> tools if available,if tell me the other way urgent

If your uart is a verilog netlist, it is easy to write it out as vhdl
netlist, if you have a synthesis tool that has a verilog reader and
vhdl writer (like synopsys dc_shell, if licenses for verilog and vhdl
available).

If your verilog code is rtl, you could synthesis it as a module and
use the way above.
It is also possible to instantiate verilog in vhdl and use tools that
allows mixed language processing (AFAIK every major tool but you may
need additional licenses in some cases, like modelsim tends to have
language dependend licenses).

bye Thomas

HT-Lab

"muni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> hi
> i have uart verilog code i need it in vhdl becouse all my design are
> in vhdl so can u help how to convert it to vhdl.pease tell me any
> tools if available,if tell me the other way urgent
>
> muniraj

Why bother translating when there are lots of free VHDL UART's available on
the web?

I use the 16550 from Opencores and it works great.

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

Verilog/VHDL Simulation Elf VHDL 1 10-10-2003 04:31 PM
dummy projects in VHDL/Verilog shumon VHDL 1 09-24-2003 01:41 AM
how to design this datapath unit for DSP using VHDL/Verilog? walala VHDL 3 08-30-2003 05:26 PM
where to find DCT/IDCT for JPEG/JPEG2000 VHDL/VERILOG source code? walala VHDL 0 08-01-2003 09:44 PM

Advertisments