Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > simulator Error

simulator Error

john

Hi,
I am using ISE8.2.03i and its simulator is giving the following error

ERROR:Simulator:29 - at 0 ns : Index 19 out of bound 15 downto 0.

Does anyone can advice that how can I get rid of this error?

John

Ralf Hildebrandt

john schrieb:

> ERROR:Simulator:29 - at 0 ns : Index 19 out of bound 15 downto 0.
>
> Does anyone can advice that how can I get rid of this error?

Read the error - it is self-explaining.

You have declared a signal with the range (15 downto 0) and you try to
access bit 19 - wich does not exist in this vector.
Because it happens at 0 ns - at the begin of the simulation - it may be
a problem of the rest value of your index variable.

Ralf

john

Hi,

The problem is that I am not doing that!!

John

Ralf Hildebrandt

john schrieb:

> The problem is that I am not doing that!!

The simulator is "always" right.

Try to make a minimal example. Try to eliminate everything, that is not
needed and try to find the location of the "error". You may post tThis
minimal example here, but I guess after searching for this "error" you
will find the reason for it.

Ralf

SKeffect

why don't you post the code for better understanding of the problem!

Odd Simulator Error rickman VHDL 2 03-31-2011 04:58 PM
VHDL simulator error message - please help Daku VHDL 11 12-03-2009 05:08 AM
xilinx simulator error Mihovil Frater VHDL 0 02-27-2008 06:17 PM
ISE Simulator error with package july VHDL 2 04-17-2007 09:05 AM
Free VHDL Simulator Basuki Endah Priyanto VHDL 1 08-15-2003 11:14 AM

Advertisments