Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > converting ahdl to vhdl

converting ahdl to vhdl

zlotawy

hi,
i have project in ahdl (max plus II). Is it possible to convert it to vhdl?

I tried to use XPort, but there were errors.

zlotawy

Andy

On Jan 30, 12:07 pm, "zlotawy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hi,
> i have project in ahdl (max plus II). Is it possible to convert it to vhdl?
>
> I tried to use XPort, but there were errors.
>
> zlotawy

Xilinx has an ahdl to vhdl translator, but the license is limited to
use with xilinx fpga's. Call Altera and tell them you're going to
switch devices if they don't translate it for you, or start providing
a tool that will do the same.

Most ahdl code I've seen was not really suitable to use in translated
form (not that the translation was bad, just the original design of
the circuit). Once translated, it may serve as a "truth" model to
compare in a testbench with the modified or re-written vhdl you come
up with.

Andy

Newbie strugling with a lookup (look-up) table in VHDL (or AHDL) Shannon VHDL 6 05-13-2007 11:25 AM
What does this AHDL code mean? methi VHDL 1 06-23-2005 07:24 PM
Need help with AHDL methi VHDL 0 06-22-2005 03:01 PM
AHDL graphic State Diagram and adding my own "type" magik VHDL 2 06-09-2005 03:25 PM
AHDL problems Pratik VHDL 1 05-06-2004 05:30 PM

Advertisments