Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Birth date for VHDL 87 ?

Birth date for VHDL 87 ?

Rick North

Hi all,

Does anybody know when the "birth day" is for VHDL 87?

Cheers,
//Rick

Hans

What about:

http://www.doulos.com/knowhow/vhdl_d...story_of_vhdl/

Perhaps another question would be which EDA vendor will be the first to
support VHDL2006 (incl PSL support

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

"Rick North" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know when the "birth day" is for VHDL 87?
>
> Cheers,
> //Rick

Rick North

The reason for my question is so that we can have a cake that day,
silly reason but I like a piece of cake now and then So the
publication date of the IEEE standard would be a good day to have some
cake. Does anybody know this date?

> Perhaps another question would be which EDA vendor will be the first to
> support VHDL2006 (incl PSL support

Yes, it would be nice to see that. Sadly, all I hear is that vhdl users
are migrating to SystemVerilog. Not bad to know both though. But the
EDA vendors still needs to update vhdl I guess...

Cheers,
/Rick