Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > bits2real

bits2real

vincedx@gmail.com

Hi, I'm writing a little component in vhdl and I need to use real
values in it. Since I can't synthesize a componet that has real ports,
I must convert a 64 std_logic_vector from and to real. I already found
a function real2bits, but I also need a sort of bits2real.

Anyone help?

Mike Treseler

> Since I can't synthesize a componet that has real ports,
> I must convert a 64 std_logic_vector from and to real. I already found
> a function real2bits, but I also need a sort of bits2real.

A 64 bit signed or unsigned port may
do what you need using numeric_std functions.

-- Mike Treseler