Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Case Modding > Project Scan-a-Tron gets published...

Project Scan-a-Tron gets published...

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

You guys have too many of my case mods as stickys in this forum. I'm going to develop a complex or something.

Anyway, my 2006 holiday project called Scan-a-Tron has now been published on-line at PC Magazine in their ExtremeTech Case Mod section. Check out the story here: http://www.extremetech.com/category2...1638729,00.asp

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Well done BigAl!

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Thanks Ian. It was a labor of love. Kind of like getting married.....

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

I've never seen this done before, and it seems like such an obvious idea now. Great work like usual Al.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Thanks Silverstrand. I did a Spy Sweeper update a week ago, and that killed the OS - now it won't boot. Looks like I'll have to do a complete re-install. I've had Spy Sweeper do this once before - it ruins some Windows XP system file. Has anyone else experienced that?

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Scan-a-Tron is back up and humming along nicely. It's nice to see Einstein's glowing face on my workbench again!

elktron elktron is offline
Junior Member

Very gooooooooood

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Thanks Elktron. The machine is still running on my work bench and provides Internet access to forums like this one.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Hey guys, I upgraded Scan-a-Tron earlier this year with another laptop body, this time an e-Machines 6502 (AMD Athlon 64 processor, single core). You can see more pictures at Big Al's Computers - still going after all these years! Check out my recent builds, including an AMD FX-8150 (8-core CPU).

http://www.bigal-computers.net/bigal/Scan-a-Tron-Rebuild_05Sept2011_ (1b.jpg

Last edited by bigal; 12-27-2011 at 03:04 PM..

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debugged. windows 2003 server Claude seraphin ASP .Net 12 02-15-2014 04:29 PM
Return of gets gets John Joyce Ruby 0 04-23-2007 01:38 PM
gets gets John Joyce Ruby 2 03-26-2007 04:00 PM
XMLHttpRequest gets data to display in element but data gets appended not replaces previous! libsfan01 Javascript 5 12-20-2006 06:25 AM
Not only the selected HREF gets surrounded, but the whole row gets surrounded Stefan Mueller HTML 5 07-10-2006 11:53 AM

Advertisments