Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox 2.0.0.1 released

Firefox 2.0.0.1 released

History Fan

Just got the update this morning.

norm

as heading.

TheCroW

> Just got the update this morning.

??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to 1.5.0.9??
Sure about this 2.0.0.1??

Menno

bgregg

TheCroW wrote:
>> Just got the update this morning.

> ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to 1.5.0.9??
> Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
>
> Menno

I believe Thunderbird was updated to 1.5.0.9.

bgregg

SteveG

TheCroW wrote:
>> Just got the update this morning.

> ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to 1.5.0.9??
> Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
>
> Menno

There are currently two separate branches to the Firefox tree. 1.5 and
2.0. The 1.5 branch will continue to receive security updates for a
while longer but you will have to (eventually) migrate to version 2. If
you have 1.5 and want to progress to 2.0 now then visit the Mozilla web
site and download the installer from there.

--
Regards

Steve G

Vegetable Lasagne

"History Fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:6b7e8
$45893101$48311160$(E-Mail Removed):

> Just got the update this morning.

No mention of the password file exposure

Scott Hildenbrand

bgregg wrote:
> TheCroW wrote:
>>> Just got the update this morning.

>> ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to
>> 1.5.0.9?? Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
>>
>> Menno
>>

> I believe Thunderbird was updated to 1.5.0.9.
>
> bgregg

Not for me.. I'm running 2.0b1, so no updates.. *sniff*..

Wish I could get Minefield to install. Every time I install the trunk
and try and run it, it shuts down before any page loads. Oh well.. Never
run Alpha's except for fun..

Scott Hildenbrand

SteveG wrote:
> TheCroW wrote:
>>> Just got the update this morning.

>> ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to
>> 1.5.0.9?? Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
>>
>> Menno
>>

> There are currently two separate branches to the Firefox tree. 1.5 and
> 2.0. The 1.5 branch will continue to receive security updates for a
> while longer but you will have to (eventually) migrate to version 2. If
> you have 1.5 and want to progress to 2.0 now then visit the Mozilla web
> site and download the installer from there.

The third is already in the works. 2.? is currently the most recent
public release. Upgrading from 1.5 to 2 is not required till they bury
it as archived.

2 is alot better IMO and has had several fixed making it well worth while.

The 3.0 branch dubbed Minefield (2.0 was Deerpark) is currently in Alpha
and hidden well inside their FTPs. Considering how ungodly buggy it is,
I wouldn't recommend it until they hit Beta.

At any rate.. Yes, 2.0 is out and well into public release.
http://www.getfirefox.com

Leonidas Jones

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

> SteveG wrote:
>>>
>>> ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to
>>> 1.5.0.9?? Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
>>>
>>> Menno
>>>

>> There are currently two separate branches to the Firefox tree. 1.5 and
>> 2.0. The 1.5 branch will continue to receive security updates for a
>> while longer but you will have to (eventually) migrate to version 2.
>> If you have 1.5 and want to progress to 2.0 now then visit the Mozilla
>> web site and download the installer from there.
>>

> The third is already in the works. 2.? is currently the most recent
> public release. Upgrading from 1.5 to 2 is not required till they bury
> it as archived.
>
> 2 is alot better IMO and has had several fixed making it well worth while.
>
> The 3.0 branch dubbed Minefield (2.0 was Deerpark) is currently in Alpha
> and hidden well inside their FTPs. Considering how ungodly buggy it is,
> I wouldn't recommend it until they hit Beta.
>
> At any rate.. Yes, 2.0 is out and well into public release.
> http://www.getfirefox.com

3.0 just hit Alpha as GranParadiso:

http://www.mozillazine.org/

It works, though the suggestion to wait for beta is probably a good one.

Lee

Scott Hildenbrand

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
>
>> SteveG wrote:

>>> There are currently two separate branches to the Firefox tree. 1.5
>>> and 2.0. The 1.5 branch will continue to receive security updates for
>>> a while longer but you will have to (eventually) migrate to version
>>> 2. If you have 1.5 and want to progress to 2.0 now then visit the
>>> Mozilla web site and download the installer from there.
>>>

>> The third is already in the works. 2.? is currently the most recent
>> public release. Upgrading from 1.5 to 2 is not required till they bury
>> it as archived.
>>
>> 2 is alot better IMO and has had several fixed making it well worth
>> while.
>>
>> The 3.0 branch dubbed Minefield (2.0 was Deerpark) is currently in
>> Alpha and hidden well inside their FTPs. Considering how ungodly buggy
>> it is, I wouldn't recommend it until they hit Beta.
>>
>> At any rate.. Yes, 2.0 is out and well into public release.
>> http://www.getfirefox.com

> 3.0 just hit Alpha as GranParadiso:
>
> http://www.mozillazine.org/
>
> It works, though the suggestion to wait for beta is probably a good one.
>
> Lee

Cool... I had seen something about that.. I wonder why the name went to
that.. Guess the first was a pet name? No clue..

Going to DL and see what it's like... haha.. I've got enough dev comps
around I can spare screwing one up..