Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Can I print bookmarks

Can I print bookmarks

avalanche*

I think I did it once but don't know how. Is there a way to print a
listt of all Firefox bookmarks?

Brad

Scott Hildenbrand

avalanche* wrote:
> I think I did it once but don't know how. Is there a way to print a
> listt of all Firefox bookmarks?
>
> Brad

You can export them as HTML (sorted as you wish) and then print that
html file.. Not sure if there is a "direct" print.

Heavens.To.Murgatroid@gmail.com

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
> avalanche* wrote:
> > I think I did it once but don't know how. Is there a way to print a
> > listt of all Firefox bookmarks?
> >
> > Brad

> You can export them as HTML (sorted as you wish) and then print that
> html file.. Not sure if there is a "direct" print.

the bookmarks file is already in html format -- its bookmarks.html.
Use your browser, locate that file, and open it. Then print it from
there.

If you want to sort them, then copy and paste them into a spreadsheet
program, sort, and print from there.

Ed Mullen

> Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
>> avalanche* wrote:
>>> I think I did it once but don't know how. Is there a way to print a
>>> listt of all Firefox bookmarks?
>>>
>>> Brad

>> You can export them as HTML (sorted as you wish) and then print that
>> html file.. Not sure if there is a "direct" print.

> the bookmarks file is already in html format -- its bookmarks.html.
> Use your browser, locate that file, and open it. Then print it from
> there.

That will print the Names but not the locations of the bookmarks. Not
too useful from a recovery standpoint but, perhaps, at least it can give
a picture of the structure of your bookmarks.

> If you want to sort them, then copy and paste them into a spreadsheet
> program, sort, and print from there.

UGH! With all of the goofy HTML cruft in a Mozilla bookmarks.html file
that is going to be a nightmare. Especially figuring out some scheme to
parse the structure on to break the Names and Locations into some
sensible Excel database structure.

Once upon a time I created some macros for Word that would strip all of
that junk out of a BM file and leave a simple structure like:

(first line) <Name of bookmark>
(second line) <location link>
(blank line)

etc.

If I can find them I'll post them for anyone interested.

There are some third-party tools out there for bookmarks management that
may be useful for this but I haven't used any in a long time because
none that researched provide good management functions /and/ also are
able to preserve the bookmarks.html structure (so you can manage them in
an external program and them import/use them in a Moz browser while
maintaining the Moz layout structure.).

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Scott Hildenbrand

avalanche* wrote:
> I think I did it once but don't know how. Is there a way to print a
> listt of all Firefox bookmarks?
>
> Brad

Pluging that may help.

OPML Support - Adds import/export to the bookmark manager in OPML format
OnlineBookmarkManager Synchronizer - Says it has an exporter. To what
end I do not know.

No clue if either will help you, but I'm sure they'll be useful.

Print bookmarks avalanche Firefox 3 01-16-2006 02:21 AM
Can't print to print server =?Utf-8?B?cGVjaw==?= Wireless Networking 2 02-03-2005 02:41 PM