Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Re: Multiple Worksheets in Excel

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Multiple Worksheets in Excel

 
 
Thor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-16-2006
"Queenafrance" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I configure Excel so I can move between worksheets in the same
> workbook by clicking ALT - TAB?


Open one instance of Excel for each tab you have in your workbook and select
one tab for each of the instances.
This might actually make sense if you use Vista and Win-Tab and want to
present your tabs with style, but with Alt-tab it's not the most elegant
way. Eight out of ten for creativity, though.
53

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kurt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2006
Thor wrote:
> "Queenafrance" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How do I configure Excel so I can move between worksheets in the same
>> workbook by clicking ALT - TAB?

>
> Open one instance of Excel for each tab you have in your workbook and
> select one tab for each of the instances.
> This might actually make sense if you use Vista and Win-Tab and want to
> present your tabs with style, but with Alt-tab it's not the most elegant
> way. Eight out of ten for creativity, though.
> 53


That will work for viewing, but you can have only 1 read/write copy of a
workbook open at a time.

....kurt
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Thor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2006
"Kurt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thor wrote:
>> "Queenafrance" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How do I configure Excel so I can move between worksheets in the same
>>> workbook by clicking ALT - TAB?

>>
>> Open one instance of Excel for each tab you have in your workbook and
>> select one tab for each of the instances.
>> This might actually make sense if you use Vista and Win-Tab and want to
>> present your tabs with style, but with Alt-tab it's not the most elegant
>> way. Eight out of ten for creativity, though.
>> 53

>
> That will work for viewing, but you can have only 1 read/write copy of a
> workbook open at a time.
>
> ...kurt


Easy.
Create as many copies of the document as you have tabs and name them
<doc-name>_tab_X_N_updater.* where N is the name of the tab and X is the
index of the tab.
Put the documents on the hard drives on separate machines and buy a
switch-box so that you can switch between the machines.
Install MOSS and put a copy of all documents on the SharePoint site so that
you can version your documents.
Test the solution and train the viewers on how to use your system.
53


 
Reply With Quote
 
Kurt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-22-2006
Thor wrote:
> "Kurt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thor wrote:
>>> "Queenafrance" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> How do I configure Excel so I can move between worksheets in the same
>>>> workbook by clicking ALT - TAB?
>>>
>>> Open one instance of Excel for each tab you have in your workbook and
>>> select one tab for each of the instances.
>>> This might actually make sense if you use Vista and Win-Tab and want
>>> to present your tabs with style, but with Alt-tab it's not the most
>>> elegant way. Eight out of ten for creativity, though.
>>> 53

>>
>> That will work for viewing, but you can have only 1 read/write copy of
>> a workbook open at a time.
>>
>> ...kurt

>
> Easy.
> Create as many copies of the document as you have tabs and name them
> <doc-name>_tab_X_N_updater.* where N is the name of the tab and X is the
> index of the tab.
> Put the documents on the hard drives on separate machines and buy a
> switch-box so that you can switch between the machines.
> Install MOSS and put a copy of all documents on the SharePoint site so
> that you can version your documents.
> Test the solution and train the viewers on how to use your system.
> 53
>
>


Pure elegance! Wish I'd thought of it.

....kurt
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Render TIFF Image from Worksheets, Add Header/Footer to Worksheets sherazam Java 0 11-27-2012 09:26 AM
Need better solution to export from sql server to multiple worksheets in excel in vb.net app Nik ASP .Net 1 03-21-2012 06:43 PM
excel.h - Automating Excel... How to Create new worksheets Jona C++ 2 07-06-2007 03:35 PM
Exporting to multiple excel worksheets from asp.net? =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?= ASP .Net 1 01-26-2007 07:21 PM
Re: Multiple Worksheets in Excel Kurt Microsoft Certification 0 12-15-2006 02:07 AM



Advertisments