Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Lcd Block Diagram - Vhdl - On Fpga.. help!

Lcd Block Diagram - Vhdl - On Fpga.. help!

meshoshow

hi,
i'm working on fpga .. wanna make an vhdl code for lcd .. but as a
block diagram .. using mux ( multiplexer ) and counters .. etc etc..
any help ??
thnx
meshoshow ..

Mike Treseler

meshoshow wrote:

> i'm working on fpga .. wanna make an vhdl code for lcd .. but as a
> block diagram .. using mux ( multiplexer ) and counters .. etc etc..

On quartus it's File, New, Block Diagram, Edit, Insert Symbol...

-- Mike Treseler

meshoshow

Mike Treseler wrote:
> meshoshow wrote:
>
> > i'm working on fpga .. wanna make an vhdl code for lcd .. but as a
> > block diagram .. using mux ( multiplexer ) and counters .. etc etc..

> On quartus it's File, New, Block Diagram, Edit, Insert Symbol...
>
> -- Mike Treseler

yes i know mike .. but how ??
i wanna help in constructing the block diagram .. on fpga ..

Mike Treseler

meshoshow wrote:

> yes i know mike .. but how ??
> i wanna help in constructing the block diagram .. on fpga ..

Run the Quartus design entry tutorial or take a class.

I prefer to sketch a block diagrams in my notebook
and write code to declare, init and update registers.
Quartus will draw a clean schematic for me once
I get it working in modelsim.

-- Mike Treseler