Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Linksys WRT54GS

Linksys WRT54GS

=?Utf-8?B?Vm1hbg==?=

I have recently changed my security settings to WPA-PSK and only one
computer and a pda can accept the signal the other computers such as my
laptop and another stand alone upstairs won't accept the signal i get no
error it just doesn't connect...with my laptop i use the radio software for a
dell inspiron and the one computer that works i used the wireless network tab
and entered the password i created and it works fine...the only difference
between the one that works and the others is that the one that works is a G
and the others are B..i verified that the router is sending mixed signals and
ideas?

David Hettel

If the other computers are using 802.11b hardware, does the hardware indeed
support WPA-PSK?

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

"Vman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have recently changed my security settings to WPA-PSK and only one
> computer and a pda can accept the signal the other computers such as my
> laptop and another stand alone upstairs won't accept the signal i get no
> error it just doesn't connect...with my laptop i use the radio software
> for a
> dell inspiron and the one computer that works i used the wireless network
> tab
> and entered the password i created and it works fine...the only difference
> between the one that works and the others is that the one that works is a
> and the others are B..i verified that the router is sending mixed signals
> and
> ideas?

John Wunderlich

=?Utf-8?B?Vm1hbg==?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have recently changed my security settings to WPA-PSK and only
> one computer and a pda can accept the signal the other computers
> such as my laptop and another stand alone upstairs won't accept
> the signal i get no error it just doesn't connect...with my laptop
> i use the radio software for a dell inspiron and the one computer
> that works i used the wireless network tab and entered the
> password i created and it works fine...the only difference between
> the one that works and the others is that the one that works is a
> G and the others are B..i verified that the router is sending
> mixed signals and ideas?

When switching to WPA, all devices in your wireless network community
must also support WPA. Check the website of your wireless card,
motherboard manufacturer, or computer company (as applies) for updates
to the wireless drivers. Recently, wireless drivers seem to be the
most updated of the lot -- probably because of issues like this. My
daughter has a Wireless-B card in her laptop computer that works just
fine with my WRT54GS but I did have to download the latest driver for
the old PCMCIA wireless card in her computer.

Good Luck,
John

=?Utf-8?B?Vm1hbg==?=

Thanks!! you was right!