Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ACS - PEAP authentication twice not working?

ACS - PEAP authentication twice not working?

kellasse

Hello
another followup question
We were having a wierd problem with our CISCO APs with IBM T42 wit
Intel centrino cards. When we boot up, lots of times our laptop
would hang and not get an IP address
We found a parameter on the CISCO access points that seems to fi
our problem. It is a dot11 holdoff-time 1. When this is set to 60
(which seems to be the default). The clients hang and hang and hang.
CISCO TAC says this shouldn't affect anything if the client is actin
normally, but when this value is high authentication just doesn'
work. when we change this to 1 or 2 seconds, it works just fine.
CISCO doesn't want to even look into the problem saying that this i
a client issue. So we tried this with a G-linksys PC card. Sam
problem.
So to make a long story short, we just changed all the APs so th
value is 1 (second) and have not pushed the issue any further.
This value doesn't seem to have any affect on a CISCO pc card o
mini pc built in, but every other vendors card doesn't work
-Kar