Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox and encrypted pages

Firefox and encrypted pages

Reb

Hi

I was wondering if FF caches encrypted pages. If it does is there a way to
stop it.

IE has an option to not save encrypted pages to disk can the same thing be
achieved in FF

TIA.

--

Web site www.reb151.karoo.net

Ralph Fox

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.cache.disk_cache_ssl

How to modify: http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config
List of all entries: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_...config_Entries

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Reb

"Ralph Fox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:25:13 GMT, in message
> <cmafh.429595$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> Reb wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I was wondering if FF caches encrypted pages. If it does is there a way
>> stop it.
>>
>> IE has an option to not save encrypted pages to disk can the same thing
>> be
>> achieved in FF
>>
>> TIA.

> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.cache.disk_cache_ssl
>
> How to modify: http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config
> List of all entries:
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_...config_Entries
>

> --
> Cheers,
> Ralph

Thanks for that. It appears that caching of SSL pages is off by default
(very sensible)