Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wirelelss Zero Configuration Problem

Wirelelss Zero Configuration Problem

=?Utf-8?B?SXJpc2g=?=

When I start my laptop I can connect to my home network but not to the
Internet. That's because the wireless zero configuration service, even
thought startup type is automatic, is stopped. When I start the service by
running services.msc, click the wireless network tab in TCP/IP properties of
my network connection and check the box to allow Windows to manage my network
all is well. The problem is that when I stop and restart my laptop something
stops the wireless zero configuration service and I have to go through the
whole process again, every time.

Will someone show me how to insure that the service, when it is started,
continues to run, or restart, when the laptop is shut down and restarted?

Thanks,

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Most of the original Brand Wireless Utilities switch Off wireless zero
configuration when they start. It might be that some parts of
original Wireless utility is loaded at startup.
You can use these to find out.
http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#startup
http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#process
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Irish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I start my laptop I can connect to my home network but not to the
> Internet. That's because the wireless zero configuration service, even
> thought startup type is automatic, is stopped. When I start the service by
> running services.msc, click the wireless network tab in TCP/IP properties
> of
> my network connection and check the box to allow Windows to manage my
> network
> all is well. The problem is that when I stop and restart my laptop
> something
> stops the wireless zero configuration service and I have to go through the
> whole process again, every time.
>
> Will someone show me how to insure that the service, when it is started,
> continues to run, or restart, when the laptop is shut down and restarted?
>
> Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?YnJpdA==?=

"Irish" wrote:

> When I start my laptop I can connect to my home network but not to the
> Internet. That's because the wireless zero configuration service, even
> thought startup type is automatic, is stopped. When I start the service by
> running services.msc, click the wireless network tab in TCP/IP properties of
> my network connection and check the box to allow Windows to manage my network
> all is well. The problem is that when I stop and restart my laptop something
> stops the wireless zero configuration service and I have to go through the
> whole process again, every time.
>
> Will someone show me how to insure that the service, when it is started,
> continues to run, or restart, when the laptop is shut down and restarted?
>
> Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?YnJpdA==?=

"Irish" wrote:

> When I start my laptop I can connect to my home network but not to the
> Internet. That's because the wireless zero configuration service, even
> thought startup type is automatic, is stopped. When I start the service by
> running services.msc, click the wireless network tab in TCP/IP properties of
> my network connection and check the box to allow Windows to manage my network
> all is well. The problem is that when I stop and restart my laptop something
> stops the wireless zero configuration service and I have to go through the
> whole process again, every time.
>
> Will someone show me how to insure that the service, when it is started,
> continues to run, or restart, when the laptop is shut down and restarted?
>
> Thanks,

I am having the same problem as you. What kind of computer do you have?
Mine are both Dell. I am also unable to connect anywhere else with my laptop
except at home. I know very little about computers so any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thabnks

Nemo

Try This you will need Admin privilage
Goto control panel
Administrative tools , Services
Then click on Windows Zero config.and set to auto.

"brit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Irish" wrote:
>
>> When I start my laptop I can connect to my home network but not to the
>> Internet. That's because the wireless zero configuration service, even
>> thought startup type is automatic, is stopped. When I start the service
>> by
>> running services.msc, click the wireless network tab in TCP/IP properties
>> of
>> my network connection and check the box to allow Windows to manage my
>> network
>> all is well. The problem is that when I stop and restart my laptop
>> something
>> stops the wireless zero configuration service and I have to go through
>> the
>> whole process again, every time.
>>
>> Will someone show me how to insure that the service, when it is started,
>> continues to run, or restart, when the laptop is shut down and restarted?
>>
>> Thanks,

> I am having the same problem as you. What kind of computer do you have?
> Mine are both Dell. I am also unable to connect anywhere else with my
> laptop
> except at home. I know very little about computers so any help would be
> greatly appreciated. Thabnks

Nemo

Is it worth turning off the widows wireless utility
and reinstall the Broadcom interface utility and see if that works
better than the windows wireless.
I had a similar problem with a Belkin card and interface but in my case
I disabled the Belkin " let this tool manage the wireless settings "
and found the windows wireless util worked much better than the Belkin
it still uses belkin drivers but never drops out now.

"Irish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> It always was in auto. Didn't help, Nemo. Here's why.
>
> I'm having a problem with my wireless off/on button on my HP laptop. As
> part
> of the "solution" (I'm not sure it's solved yet) HP tech reps had me
> install
> the Broadcom User Interface and the latest Broadcom driver. That's when
> my
> trouble with connecting started. I could connect but couldn't reach a
> website
> becasue the service was stopped again.
>
> HP then had me create a MS_DOS batch file to start the wireless zero
> service
> every time I started up. The problem was that the Broadcom User Interface
> was
> stopping the service after the .bat file had started it.
>
> I deleted the Broadcom User Interface utility and the .bat file and
> Windows
> is now happily managing my network, hence I'm able to visit websites
> simply
> by starting my laptop and opening a browser.
>
> Now it's back to the wireless button. I can press to turn off the wireless
> but when I press again the light does not illuminate. If I restart my
> laptop
> and get lucky because the button happens to be in the right position the
> light will illuminate on startup. Now, having solved my zero configuration
> problem I don't dare touch that damn button.
>
> "Nemo" wrote:
>
>> Try This you will need Admin privilage
>> Goto control panel
>> Administrative tools , Services
>> Then click on Windows Zero config.and set to auto.
>>
>> "brit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > I am having the same problem as you. What kind of computer do you
>> > have?
>> > Mine are both Dell. I am also unable to connect anywhere else with my
>> > laptop
>> > except at home. I know very little about computers so any help would
>> > be
>> > greatly appreciated. Thabnks

Robert Arias

The same thing was happening to me and it cost me $100 to have a tech guy fix it. So here it is.. after re starting Zero configuration again.. go to START then to ALL PROGRAMS then find your wireless card..( wireless utilities).. I have a gateway laptop with XP.. so I have a BROADCOM WIRELESS.. go to its UTILITIES....UNCHECK.. the box that says.. LET THIS TOOL MANAGE MY WIRELESS CONNECTIONS.... press apply and ok.. you shold be go to .. $100 over a little box.. DAMMMM..