Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help with error message w70n51.sys for Dell laptop

Help with error message w70n51.sys for Dell laptop

Joe

Dell Latitude d600 laptop crashed and I received this message after
filing an error report:

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter software (w70n51.sys)
was created by Dell Inc.. Dell Inc. informed Microsoft that they have
a solution available for the problem you reported. To learn more about
the solution, Dell Inc. recommends that you visit the following
website:

when I visit the website it sends me to this page

http://tinyurl.com/rpf56

I'm not sure what exactly I need to download to fix this problem.

Malke

Joe wrote:

> Dell Latitude d600 laptop crashed and I received this message after
> filing an error report:
>
> Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter software (w70n51.sys)
> was created by Dell Inc.. Dell Inc. informed Microsoft that they have
> a solution available for the problem you reported. To learn more about
> the solution, Dell Inc. recommends that you visit the following
> website:
>
> when I visit the website it sends me to this page
>
> http://tinyurl.com/rpf56
>
> I'm not sure what exactly I need to download to fix this problem.

I take it that it means you should install the latest drivers for the
adapter. Expand the Network category and get the correct drivers for
the LAN 2100 Mini PCI card, or go to this TinyURL'd link to them:

http://tinyurl.com/yg72ak

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Pavel A.

You will update the 2100 driver.
On that page you need to extend the Network category,
then click on "Intel (R) Pro/Wireless 2100 LAN miniPCI Adapter"
then click the driver download link
On the next page, scroll down to "Installation instructions" - read that.
If anything of this seems confusing, please call Dell support and they will guide you.

Regards,
--PA