Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > smart phone / bluetooth /internet share?

smart phone / bluetooth /internet share?

Tim

I have a palm tx (no phone) that has wi-fi and I can get on my wireless lan
at home to do email and web. I am thinking of getting my wife a smart phone
for christmas. None of the phones seem to have the wi-fi or wireless G
they all want you to buy the cell phone data service that is expensive. The
all do seem to have bluetooth... so here's my question...

can I use bluetooth on a smart phone to share my existing internet account
at home without subscribing to a new cell phone internet data service?? do I
need a bluetooth router or adapter of some kind? (my laptop has bluetooth)

thanks in advance.

Tim

Pavel A.

If your phone's BT can work as LAN client (have so called PANU profile)
you can install a BT access point
(very few models available, can be expensive)
or use BT in the laptop with a proper driver, and you'll be ready to go.

--PA