Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Backup cookies?

Backup cookies?

Moo

I think my PC is in need of formatting, I want to backup my cookies, in
IE this is easy but I cannot see the option to do so in Firefox 2.0?

Any suggestions?

Miller

*Moo* wrote on 06.12.06 22:17:
> I think my PC is in need of formatting, I want to backup my cookies, in
> IE this is easy but I cannot see the option to do so in Firefox 2.0?
>
> Any suggestions?

In your FF-profile i think: "cookies.txt"

HTH, BM

Leonidas Jones

Miller wrote:
> *Moo* wrote on 06.12.06 22:17:
>> I think my PC is in need of formatting, I want to backup my cookies, in
>> IE this is easy but I cannot see the option to do so in Firefox 2.0?
>>
>> Any suggestions?

> In your FF-profile i think: "cookies.txt"
>
> HTH, BM

Back up the entire profile. Then you can restore FF to exactly the way
you have it set up now:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup

Lee

Mumia W. (reading news)

On 12/06/2006 03:17 PM, Moo wrote:
> I think my PC is in need of formatting, I want to backup my cookies, in
> IE this is easy but I cannot see the option to do so in Firefox 2.0?
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Moo. Backup your profile folder: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile

When you rebuild the system, install and start FF then close FF and
migrate your old profile data into your new profile:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrating_..._a_new_profile

No milk today--thanks