Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: Vista MCSE?

Re: Vista MCSE?

PajaP

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:00:01 -0800, BruceB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone know if Microsoft has defined a certification path for Vista yet?
>If so, where do I find it?
>
>Thanks

Well the information only seems to be available if I login to the MCP
site so I don't think I should copy & paste it here?

If you can login the information is available here:

https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/previe...ult.mspx#VISTA

In short:
There are beta exams available now to selected MCP's.
The vista beta is 70-620
There _will_ be a one-exam upgrade path for MCDSTs (70-621).
The final exam path has not been finalised.
More information is to be posted in new year.

--
PajaP

Paul Mckenna

Just to clarify.. I'm an MCSE 2003 but one of my exam was in windows 2000
client, I think 70-270 or something like that, Now Vista is out I'm assuming
that 270 exam is going, so do I need to take a vista or xp exam to keep my
MCSE or what's the best way forward for me now to keep my certificate
up-to-date?

Thanks in advance
Paul

"PajaP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:00:01 -0800, BruceB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know if Microsoft has defined a certification path for Vista
>>yet?
>>If so, where do I find it?
>>
>>Thanks

> Well the information only seems to be available if I login to the MCP
> site so I don't think I should copy & paste it here?
>
> If you can login the information is available here:
>
> https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/previe...ult.mspx#VISTA
>
> In short:
> There are beta exams available now to selected MCP's.
> The vista beta is 70-620
> There _will_ be a one-exam upgrade path for MCDSTs (70-621).
> The final exam path has not been finalised.
> More information is to be posted in new year.
>
> --
> PajaP

Wayne McGlinn

"Paul Mckenna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just to clarify.. I'm an MCSE 2003 but one of my exam was in windows 2000
> client, I think 70-270 or something like that, Now Vista is out I'm
> assuming that 270 exam is going, so do I need to take a vista or xp exam
> to keep my MCSE or what's the best way forward for me now to keep my
> certificate up-to-date?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Paul

<snip>
You need to do nothing, your MCSE 2003 will always stay valid, just as MCSE
2000 and MCSE NT4 are still valid. Check the Microsoft Learning website if
you want to keep up with what the future directions will be

Wayne McGlinn
Brisbane, Oz
MCP Win95
MCNGP Silver

Paul Mckenna

Thanks,

I thought I read some where that your MCSE would be valid as long as the
exams are still available and that they keep the exams on the current
version of the product and the previous version, so as Vista comes out I
thought my 2000 exam would no longer be valid..

But thanks for clearing that up, I really need to start reading things
rather than just scanning over em

Paul

news:%23C%(E-Mail Removed)...