Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: security problem

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: security problem

 
 
Hugo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2006
Hi !

And if you loose connectivity with your DOMAIN, YOU will NOT be able to
logon locally to try fixing the problem !!!!

Hugo


"Dragon Without Wings" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le
message de news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
> "tareq" wrote:
>
>> hi
>> how can i make users in domain environment to log on to domain only using
>> GPO
>> when pressing Alt+Ctrl+Delet
>>
>> because in normal way they can shoose in ( log on to ) domain name or
>> local pc
>>
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>>

>
> If you just don't want users to logon locally, then just remove their
> accounts from local machine. Even though they are still able to choose to
> logon local machine, they will not go anywhere but reading a denied
> message.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Hugo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2006
Hi !

Tareq wanted to remove the local PC from the "Logon from" drop down
list....If this option had been available, it would be impossible to logon
locally !!!!

Hugo


"Dragon Without Wings" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le
message de news: (E-Mail Removed)...
> "Hugo" wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> And if you loose connectivity with your DOMAIN, YOU will NOT be able to
>> logon locally to try fixing the problem !!!!
>>
>> Hugo
>>
>>

>
> Why NOT ? What is the Local Administrator account for?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jonathan Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2006
Hugo wrote:
> Hi !
>
> And if you loose connectivity with your DOMAIN, YOU will NOT be able to
> logon locally to try fixing the problem !!!!
>
> Hugo


One would hope he would leave an admin account active. I'm not sure why
anyone would put local accounts other than the defaults on machines
joining a domain. Seems kinda nuts to me...
 
Reply With Quote
 
LRM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2006
"Jonathan Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hugo wrote:
>> Hi !
>>
>> And if you loose connectivity with your DOMAIN, YOU will NOT be able to
>> logon locally to try fixing the problem !!!!
>>
>> Hugo

>
> One would hope he would leave an admin account active. I'm not sure why
> anyone would put local accounts other than the defaults on machines
> joining a domain. Seems kinda nuts to me...


Yeah, we get those sometimes, posters who are nuts I mean.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonathan Roberts
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2006
LRM wrote:
> "Jonathan Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hugo wrote:
>>> Hi !
>>>
>>> And if you loose connectivity with your DOMAIN, YOU will NOT be able to
>>> logon locally to try fixing the problem !!!!
>>>
>>> Hugo

>> One would hope he would leave an admin account active. I'm not sure why
>> anyone would put local accounts other than the defaults on machines
>> joining a domain. Seems kinda nuts to me...

>
> Yeah, we get those sometimes, posters who are nuts I mean.
>
>


Yes, someone should take away their admin title
 
Reply With Quote
 
LRM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2006
"Jonathan Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> LRM wrote:
>> "Jonathan Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hugo wrote:
>>>> Hi !
>>>>
>>>> And if you loose connectivity with your DOMAIN, YOU will NOT be able to
>>>> logon locally to try fixing the problem !!!!
>>>>
>>>> Hugo
>>> One would hope he would leave an admin account active. I'm not sure why
>>> anyone would put local accounts other than the defaults on machines
>>> joining a domain. Seems kinda nuts to me...

>>
>> Yeah, we get those sometimes, posters who are nuts I mean.

>
> Yes, someone should take away their admin title


Better yet, someone may want to invest in a clue and give it to the company
management for the holidays. That's the trouble with certs, if the clueser
hasn't any experience (which can be acquired without employment) then he or
she winds up posting some dumb crap in here. To top it off the same clueser
expects us to sit around and pat him/her on the back for posting the
aforementioned stupid question.Additionally, the clueser then expects the
rest of us to do the clueser's research! I'm with CBIC today. It must be
"Beat A Lousy Lamer Silly" day. Wait that makes it BALLS day! Hey isn't
there an educational clip for this? Where's Neil's men's room etiquette
spot? Kline surely has something to say on this special occasion.Fris has
already been placed in charge of refreshments...I think he is serving some
new protein drink called hard apple or something.

Oh and that reminds me why would there be a problem with the local machine
name showing up in the dropdown? Why the heck would there be any local
account other than the machine admin account....oh wait, lemme guess the
dude never set up admin passwords and is trying to find a way to push out a
remedy. LOL! Happy BALLS day everyone!

--
LRM
MCNGP 7^2
www.mcngp.com home of the bogosity singularity.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Red Swingline Stapler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006
LRM wrote:
> Happy BALLS day everyone!


First, can someone without the aforementioned BALLS celebrate this newly
designated holiday? Second, what exactly will the Hallmark card for
this day say? Finally, this day makes no sense. My balls aren't
particularly happy at the moment because they are trapped inside a
cotton parachute that has mysterious brown stripe precariously close by.

>"Beat A Lousy Lemur Silly"


And in good taste this seems a bit mean. What have those cute little
creatures ever done to you!
 
Reply With Quote
 
kpg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006
As LRM once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

I think this little gem is worth repeating....

"experience...can be acquired without employment"

Now there is no excuse.

<small print>

Employment is still one of the BEST ways to get
experience, but not the only one. YMMV. Employment
may lead to excessive drinking, cause bleeding
ulcers and result in bouts of uncontrollable sobbing
and premature death. Consult you're physician to
see if employment is right for you. Not for children
under the age of 12, or if you're pregnant or nursing.
Please.

</small print>

 
Reply With Quote
 
LRM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-05-2006
"kpg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns988F8ED9D4820ipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
> As LRM once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
>
> I think this little gem is worth repeating....
>
> "experience...can be acquired without employment"
>
> Now there is no excuse.
>
> <small print>
>
> Employment is still one of the BEST ways to get
> experience, but not the only one. YMMV. Employment
> may lead to excessive drinking, cause bleeding
> ulcers and result in bouts of uncontrollable sobbing
> and premature death. Consult you're physician to
> see if employment is right for you. Not for children
> under the age of 12, or if you're pregnant or nursing.
> Please.
>
> </small print>
>

I believe I would like to declare the fine print PoTD.


 
Reply With Quote
 
LRM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-05-2006
"Red Swingline Stapler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> LRM wrote:
>> Happy BALLS day everyone!

>
> First, can someone without the aforementioned BALLS celebrate this newly
> designated holiday?


Yes, anyone in the company of balls can celebrate this holiday. It can be
celebrated by those who wish to be in the company of balls as well, although
the jockularity will be diminished by their absence. Those wishing harm to
balls should declare a completely different holiday, like...oh, how about
Happy Idiot day or some such thing like that.

> Second, what exactly will the Hallmark card for this day say?


"Enjoy your balls," of course, what did you think?

> Finally, this day makes no sense. My balls aren't particularly happy at
> the moment because they are trapped inside a cotton parachute that has
> mysterious brown stripe precariously close by.


TMI on the brown stripe, and if you are feeling constricted, consult your
copy of Man Law. Jeez do I have to explain everything?

> >"Beat A Lousy Lemur Silly"

>
> And in good taste this seems a bit mean. What have those cute little
> creatures ever done to you!


Yes its mean. See the fine print posted by KPG in this thread for further
clarification.
On the bright side, I rarely have to encounter the little buggers any more.
They are also known to cause a rash. Your comment about Lemurs though, that
was uncalled for and means you require a beating yourself. However, I'll
have to pencil your beating in for sometime late January, I'm afraid I'm
booked solid till then.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accessing higher security level from higher security level nderose@gmail.com Cisco 0 07-11-2005 10:20 PM
Going from higher security level interface to lower security interface- HELP!!! - AM Cisco 4 12-28-2004 09:52 PM
IT-Security, Security, e-security COMSOLIT Messmer Computer Support 0 09-05-2003 08:34 AM
How secure is the security from my security form? Aaron Java 1 08-04-2003 06:16 PM
MCSA: Security MCSE: Security question Rick Sears MCSE 0 07-29-2003 08:02 PM



Advertisments