Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Icons

Icons

Cueless

When I drag an address onto the desktop to check out later the icon never
comes with it, only the generic Firefox icon. I've got 20 icons that all
look the same, which means a lot of time figuring out which one is which.
The icons show when you drag from IE, why not Firefox? Thanks

Vangard

Cueless wrote:
> When I drag an address onto the desktop to check out later the icon never
> comes with it, only the generic Firefox icon. I've got 20 icons that all
> look the same, which means a lot of time figuring out which one is which.
> The icons show when you drag from IE, why not Firefox? Thanks

I'll hazard a guess and say because since XP IE is an (irritatingly) integral part of Windows, where as Firefox is a standalone piece of software.

Cueless

Ya know, you really don't have to reply to questions that you don't have the
answer to. I asked a simple question looking for a simple response. You're
just another anti-microsoft clone who's only answer to anything is that
Microsoft sucks. If you can't answer a question with a solution, why bother
responding. Can't you think for yourself? I knew you'd respond to this
because of my last question about Tabs. Does everyone have to use the
computer the same as you do?
"Vangard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eko60o$6l7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cueless wrote:
>> When I drag an address onto the desktop to check out later the icon never
>> comes with it, only the generic Firefox icon. I've got 20 icons that all
>> look the same, which means a lot of time figuring out which one is which.
>> The icons show when you drag from IE, why not Firefox? Thanks

> I'll hazard a guess and say because since XP IE is an (irritatingly)
> integral part of Windows, where as Firefox is a standalone piece of
> software.

Vangard

Cueless wrote:
> Ya know, you really don't have to reply to questions that you don't have the
> answer to. I asked a simple question looking for a simple response. You're
> just another anti-microsoft clone who's only answer to anything is that
> Microsoft sucks. If you can't answer a question with a solution, why bother
> responding. Can't you think for yourself? I knew you'd respond to this
> because of my last question about Tabs. Does everyone have to use the
> computer the same as you do?

I answered your question - Windows won't change when you drag from FF because it's not a built-in part of Windows like IE is.

PS : You may wish to change your name from Cueless to Clueless.

Vangard

Another thing - why are you dragging stuff onto the desktop to look at later anyway? That's what bookmarks/favourites are for, it will not only save the page title in your menu, as well as the pages favicon, thus solving your original "problem".

.... Now do you have any other stupid computer operating habits that you palm off as software bugs that we can help you with?

Cueless

OK, OK. I give up. I'll start using the computer just like you do, instead
of the way I like. Deal? No need to reply. Ever.
"Vangard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eko9ps$e0c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Another thing - why are you dragging stuff onto the desktop to look at
> later anyway? That's what bookmarks/favourites are for, it will not only
> save the page title in your menu, as well as the pages favicon, thus
> solving your original "problem".
>
> ... Now do you have any other stupid computer operating habits that you
> palm off as software bugs that we can help you with?

show desktop icons missing under arrange icons by JoAnna Windows 64bit 15 03-10-2009 08:23 AM
Sometimes Explorer vanishes along with the icons, but the icons come back Desdemona@Verona.com Computer Support 1 12-06-2007 03:17 AM
JTree and those small Icons ahead folder, file etc icons. Richie Williams Java 5 10-25-2007 05:01 PM
Mozilla Icons Alan P Firefox 5 12-08-2003 01:34 AM
icons DABlake Firefox 0 11-17-2003 02:48 PM

Advertisments