Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Template

Template

GFS

OK, my understanding is that the only way to have a template for Email
is to create one and save it as a draft. However, I'd like to launch a
particular template with each new message...Can this be done with-out
going to the template folder or sending my draft?

Leonidas Jones

GFS wrote:

> OK, my understanding is that the only way to have a template for Email
> is to create one and save it as a draft. However, I'd like to launch a
> particular template with each new message...Can this be done with-out
> going to the template folder or sending my draft?

Create your template, then File>>Save as >>Template

Lee

GFS

yes, but now it would be really cool to attach it to the new message
button somehow.

Thanks

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> GFS wrote:
>
>> OK, my understanding is that the only way to have a template for Email
>> is to create one and save it as a draft. However, I'd like to launch a
>> particular template with each new message...Can this be done with-out
>> going to the template folder or sending my draft?

> Create your template, then File>>Save as >>Template
>
> Lee

Ed Mullen

GFS wrote:
> OK, my understanding is that the only way to have a template for Email
> is to create one and save it as a draft. However, I'd like to launch a
> particular template with each new message...Can this be done with-out
> going to the template folder or sending my draft?

In SeaMonkey (not sure of Thunderbird) you can /almost/ get there.

Create your template. Save As Template. The first time in your mail
session right-click and choose Edit As New. You don't even have to
actually send or save that message. Then, everytime you click Send or
Reply the Composer will use that template.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

GFS

Yes it does have edit as new which works pretty good but I'd like to
have one that is my default.