Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless LAN API update for Windows XP SP2

Wireless LAN API update for Windows XP SP2

James McIllece [MS]

The Wireless LAN API update for Windows XP SP2 (KB918997) is now available
at the Microsoft download center.

Installing this set of application programming interfaces (APIs) will
enable you to create applications that can manage wireless LAN profiles and
connectivity on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) using the native
wireless functionality in Windows, called Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC)
service.

The update can be downloaded from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...52A43BAB-DC4E-
413F-AC71-158EFD1ADA50. The KB article is at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918997.

The API update for Windows XP SP2 is a subset of the Wireless LAN APIs
introduced in Windows Vista, known as the Native WiFi API. This means
developers can write wireless client applications that work on both
platforms, Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista.

These APIs are documented in the Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows Vista
and also on MSDN at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...l=/library/en-
us/nativewifi/nwifi/portal.asp. The Windows Vista SDK can be downloaded
from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...lyId=C2B1E300-
F358-4523-B479-F53D234CDCCF&displaylang=en.

--
James McIllece, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Thanks James
This is an attempt to make the link actually working.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-158EFD1ADA50
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:Xns988A843373B9Ejamesmcionlinemicros@207.46.2 48.16...