Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MS Self-Paced Training Kit for 70-284 - install key for Exchange?

MS Self-Paced Training Kit for 70-284 - install key for Exchange?

Jim Hatfield

I've just purchased this Training Kit since it seems to be the only
way to get an eval copy of Exchange 2003 these days.

However there is no install key supplied, just the CD.

I can't believe it just installs without a key, else how would the
Product Activation work?

If anyone else has purchased this, did they get an install key with
it? If so then I will get onto Amazon and ask WTF is going on.

Did you buy it 'new' or 'used'?

New, the CD Key is in the binder the CD came in.

Used, you're f'ed.

--
BD
MCNGP #51

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:48:21 -0600, <BD[MCNGP]> wrote:

>Did you buy it 'new' or 'used'?
>
>New, the CD Key is in the binder the CD came in.
>
>Used, you're f'ed.

New. And surprise surprise, it doesn't need a key for installation.
It's a 120 day eval, so perhaps that shorter period makes MS think it
doesn't need to use any kind of product activation. Very handy if you
want to trial multiple Exchange installations - which for the MS
training kit, you do.

BD[MCNGP]

"Jim Hatfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:48:21 -0600, <BD[MCNGP]> wrote:
>
>>Did you buy it 'new' or 'used'?
>>
>>New, the CD Key is in the binder the CD came in.
>>
>>Used, you're f'ed.

> New. And surprise surprise, it doesn't need a key for installation.
> It's a 120 day eval, so perhaps that shorter period makes MS think it
> doesn't need to use any kind of product activation. Very handy if you
> want to trial multiple Exchange installations - which for the MS
> training kit, you do.

Really? Cool then, I've installed many many eval editions, 120-day, 180-day,
etc. of Server's, Server Programs (ISA, Exch, etc.), Workstation OS's,
Office, and others, and they've all req'd CD keys. Most even require
activation nowadays.

If you want to trial multiple Exchange installations, I would hope you'd be
using VS or VMWare.