Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > CBT Nuggers or VTC, better?

CBT Nuggers or VTC, better?

Kappa

Hello

I know training video packs does not cover all the topics and one
should not rely on these fully. I am going to read the Microsoft
Training Kit books. Just to give me a good start and an understanding
of MCSE exams I am going to buy CBT Nugget CDs on 70-290 and 70-291
exams. There is also one provided by VTC. Have anybody tried any of
these? Can you tell me which one is better?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Kappa

=?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=

"Kappa" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I know training video packs does not cover all the topics and one
> should not rely on these fully. I am going to read the Microsoft
> Training Kit books. Just to give me a good start and an understanding
> of MCSE exams I am going to buy CBT Nugget CDs on 70-290 and 70-291
> exams. There is also one provided by VTC. Have anybody tried any of
> these? Can you tell me which one is better?
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
>
> Kappa

VTC's training programs are very basic and considered for beginner in my
believe. Plus, you can get your certificate from VTC without even going
through all the lessons. All you need to do is open them (lessons) and then
close and voila you are certified ). However, as I said earlier, VTC is
good for a person whose doesn't have any or very little clue about the topic
because it provides on screen demonstration.

Kline Sphere

>I am going to read the Microsoft
>Training Kit books.

don't bother.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

zadreamer@gmail.com

You can try also LearnKey ... They are great

On Nov 27, 3:09 pm, Kline Sphere <.@> wrote:
> >I am going to read the Microsoft
> >Training Kit books.don't bother.

> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kappa

Just your reply made me curious to ask you something. Do you think they
are not worth it? I have Sybex books on MCSE as well, but I can't read
both. I can imagine if one of them covers some topics in a better way
while other might be better in covering some other topics. But at the
end of the day you can't master everything using any of the books. I
just need to pass the exam with good margin. But if you can suggest
some books for 70-290 & 70-291.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Kappa

Kline Sphere wrote:
> >I am going to read the Microsoft
> >Training Kit books.

> don't bother.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>Do you think they
>are not worth it?

personally, I'd avoid all books with mcse in title. For my experience,
the ms press training books used to be total crap and flicking through
a few recently, they have not changed. Sybex training books appear to
have better reviews, but I've never read any of them so I can't say.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

kpg

As Kline Sphere once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

>>Do you think they
>>are not worth it?

> personally, I'd avoid all books with mcse in title. For my experience,
> the ms press training books used to be total crap and flicking through
> a few recently, they have not changed. Sybex training books appear to
> have better reviews, but I've never read any of them so I can't say.

Bottom line (IMHO) MS books cover 90%-95% of the topics but only at an
introductory level. If you take each topic, explore it as far as you can
using other resources, then you have a chance. That is, understand that
90% of an iceberg is below water. Then again, using the exam objectives
alone is 100% (?) topic-complete, but in this case 100% of the iceberg
is under water. The moral of the story: know your specific gravities.

Kline Sphere

>>>Do you think they
>>>are not worth it?

>> personally, I'd avoid all books with mcse in title. For my experience,
>> the ms press training books used to be total crap and flicking through
>> a few recently, they have not changed. Sybex training books appear to
>> have better reviews, but I've never read any of them so I can't say.

>Bottom line (IMHO) MS books cover 90%-95% of the topics but only at an
>introductory level. If you take each topic, explore it as far as you can
>using other resources, then you have a chance.

Personally, that's what I use the prep guide for.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Re: CBT Richard Gebhard Microsoft Certification 2 11-19-2008 09:05 PM
CBT Nuggets for Sale! CJ Microsoft Certification 7 02-28-2004 07:16 PM
cbt The Kid Microsoft Certification 1 01-13-2004 01:44 AM
Re: CBT Nuggets products Peace Microsoft Certification 1 12-26-2003 01:05 PM
CBT's Nij Microsoft Certification 0 10-17-2003 02:29 PM

Advertisments