Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > thunderbird load won't rss webpage

thunderbird load won't rss webpage

GFS

Leonidas Jones

GFS wrote:

> I can't get Thunderbird to load rss as web pages since adding a few more
> sites. It worked great in the beginning and I have tried resetting the
> load summary switch to no avail...Help!

Its going to be hard to help without more information. Are these new
feeds, or existing feeds that used to work? Are the feeds all in one
account, or multiple RSS accounts?

Off the top of my head, check the View settings:

View>>Message Body As

Set it to Original HTML.

Lee

GFS

They are all xml feeds, all 5 have the same settings, however 1 loads
the web pages while the others only load the summary. My guess is the
one that loads doesn't offer a summary?

http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/.../Education.xml
http://boardbuzz.nsba.org/index.xml (LOADS FINE)
http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_education.rss (Started Loading Fine)
http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonl...cation/rss.xml
(Started Loading Fine)
http://www.ed.gov/rss/edgov.xml

When I originally posted only one feed (BoardBuzz) would load, now there
are two more and I still have no explanation.

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> GFS wrote:
>
>> I can't get Thunderbird to load rss as web pages since adding a few more
>> sites. It worked great in the beginning and I have tried resetting the
>> load summary switch to no avail...Help!

> Its going to be hard to help without more information. Are these new
> feeds, or existing feeds that used to work? Are the feeds all in one
> account, or multiple RSS accounts?
>
> Off the top of my head, check the View settings:
>
> View>>Message Body As
>
> Set it to Original HTML.
>
> Lee

Leonidas Jones

GFS wrote:

> They are all xml feeds, all 5 have the same settings, however 1 loads
> the web pages while the others only load the summary. My guess is the
> one that loads doesn't offer a summary?
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/.../Education.xml
> http://boardbuzz.nsba.org/index.xml (LOADS FINE)
> http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_education.rss (Started Loading Fine)
> http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonl...cation/rss.xml
> (Started Loading Fine)
> http://www.ed.gov/rss/edgov.xml
>
> When I originally posted only one feed (BoardBuzz) would load, now there
> are two more and I still have no explanation.
>
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> GFS wrote:
>>
>>> I can't get Thunderbird to load rss as web pages since adding a few more
>>> sites. It worked great in the beginning and I have tried resetting the
>>> load summary switch to no avail...Help!

>> Its going to be hard to help without more information. Are these new
>> feeds, or existing feeds that used to work? Are the feeds all in one
>> account, or multiple RSS accounts?
>>
>> Off the top of my head, check the View settings:
>>
>> View>>Message Body As
>>
>> Set it to Original HTML.
>>
>> Lee

Well, the NYT site is going to have cookie problems, though there are
ways around that. The BBC site is coming up fine here, as is ed.gov.

I suggest setting up a new rss account, and resubscribing to the feeds.

Lee

GFS

This is strange the way they decide to work, but where only one
originally worked now only the edd.gov is failing. Will try creating a
new account for it in a bit.

Thanks for your time.

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> GFS wrote:
>
>> They are all xml feeds, all 5 have the same settings, however 1 loads
>> the web pages while the others only load the summary. My guess is the
>> one that loads doesn't offer a summary?
>>
>> http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/.../Education.xml
>> http://boardbuzz.nsba.org/index.xml (LOADS FINE)
>> http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_education.rss (Started Loading Fine)
>> http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonl...cation/rss.xml
>> (Started Loading Fine)
>> http://www.ed.gov/rss/edgov.xml
>>
>> When I originally posted only one feed (BoardBuzz) would load, now there
>> are two more and I still have no explanation.

>>> Its going to be hard to help without more information. Are these new
>>> feeds, or existing feeds that used to work? Are the feeds all in one
>>> account, or multiple RSS accounts?
>>>
>>> Off the top of my head, check the View settings:
>>>
>>> View>>Message Body As
>>>
>>> Set it to Original HTML.
>>>
>>> Lee

> Well, the NYT site is going to have cookie problems, though there are
> ways around that. The BBC site is coming up fine here, as is ed.gov.
>
> I suggest setting up a new rss account, and resubscribing to the feeds.
>
> Lee

GFS

Well deleted the feed and create a new one where the old articles shown
up with new duplicates. The old articles still came up as summary's
only, but the new ones worked fine.

Hrmmmnnnnnnn.... Guess I'm good now.
Thanks again.
George