Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > My Own PC knocks me out of the air...

Reply
Thread Tools

My Own PC knocks me out of the air...

 
 
ifmusic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2006
i have a wired lan connected to a wlan through an AP. i have Two PCs
connected to the AP, a Standard PC and a Notebook. Both have
connectivity, internet access and can "see" the wired net just fine.
But, i tried this:
from PC "A" tried to open a xvid (350mb) from a PC "B", both in the
same Wlan, after a little while, PC "A" or Both PCs get knock out of
the net. Then i would have to reconnect them.

What's wrong?

i use WPA (PSK), PC "A" is a XP pro and the PC "B" (the notebook) is a
XP Home. All working in 802.1g @ 48~54Mbps

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2006
Hi
You might have Sharing Problem.
May be this can Help.
Successful Sharing involves some general consideration in Network settings,
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what is allowed
to be shared. http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304040
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"ifmusic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>i have a wired lan connected to a wlan through an AP. i have Two PCs
> connected to the AP, a Standard PC and a Notebook. Both have
> connectivity, internet access and can "see" the wired net just fine.
> But, i tried this:
> from PC "A" tried to open a xvid (350mb) from a PC "B", both in the
> same Wlan, after a little while, PC "A" or Both PCs get knock out of
> the net. Then i would have to reconnect them.
>
> What's wrong?
>
> i use WPA (PSK), PC "A" is a XP pro and the PC "B" (the notebook) is a
> XP Home. All working in 802.1g @ 48~54Mbps
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ifmusic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2006
Mmmm, Never had any trouble with shares within my wired network..
Besides, how can a share misconfig take my wireless Connection DOWN.
i mean it's like unpluggin a cable from a wired adapter.

On Nov 24, 11:32 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
> You might have Sharing Problem.
> May be this can Help.
> Successful Sharing involves some general consideration in Network settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
> As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what is allowed
> to be shared.http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304040
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "ifmusic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed) oglegroups.com...
>
> >i have a wired lan connected to a wlan through an AP. i have Two PCs
> > connected to the AP, a Standard PC and a Notebook. Both have
> > connectivity, internet access and can "see" the wired net just fine.
> > But, i tried this:
> > from PC "A" tried to open a xvid (350mb) from a PC "B", both in the
> > same Wlan, after a little while, PC "A" or Both PCs get knock out of
> > the net. Then i would have to reconnect them.

>
> > What's wrong?

>
> > i use WPA (PSK), PC "A" is a XP pro and the PC "B" (the notebook) is a
> > XP Home. All working in 802.1g @ 48~54Mbps


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2006
Hi

I hope that you take into consideration that Win Home has only Simple
Sharing capacity.

How sharing takes down the Wireless?

When the connection between the two computers get bogged down because one
computer keep demanding "feed me" and the other is not available or can not
perform well, the connection in general gets unstable, if the connection is
with a wire it might recuperate by it self since there is no additional
action concerning the wire per-se. In case of wireless there, additional
processing that is performed by the two computers just to maintain the No
Wire connection (aside from the Network traffic). It bogs down together
with the Network, and might not recuperated.

Jack (MVP-Networking).



"ifmusic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Mmmm, Never had any trouble with shares within my wired network..
> Besides, how can a share misconfig take my wireless Connection DOWN.
> i mean it's like unpluggin a cable from a wired adapter.
>
> On Nov 24, 11:32 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi
>> You might have Sharing Problem.
>> May be this can Help.
>> Successful Sharing involves some general consideration in Network
>> settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
>> As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what is
>> allowed
>> to be
>> shared.http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304040
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "ifmusic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> messagenews:(E-Mail Removed) oglegroups.com...
>>
>> >i have a wired lan connected to a wlan through an AP. i have Two PCs
>> > connected to the AP, a Standard PC and a Notebook. Both have
>> > connectivity, internet access and can "see" the wired net just fine.
>> > But, i tried this:
>> > from PC "A" tried to open a xvid (350mb) from a PC "B", both in the
>> > same Wlan, after a little while, PC "A" or Both PCs get knock out of
>> > the net. Then i would have to reconnect them.

>>
>> > What's wrong?

>>
>> > i use WPA (PSK), PC "A" is a XP pro and the PC "B" (the notebook) is a
>> > XP Home. All working in 802.1g @ 48~54Mbps

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
ifmusic
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2006
Ok, so you're saying that May be the connection goes down becuase
a computer is unable to handle that much data and keep the connection
up?
If so, there's not much i can do, is it?

On Nov 25, 5:07 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I hope that you take into consideration that Win Home has only Simple
> Sharing capacity.
>
> How sharing takes down the Wireless?
>
> When the connection between the two computers get bogged down because one
> computer keep demanding "feed me" and the other is not available or can not
> perform well, the connection in general gets unstable, if the connection is
> with a wire it might recuperate by it self since there is no additional
> action concerning the wire per-se. In case of wireless there, additional
> processing that is performed by the two computers just to maintain the No
> Wire connection (aside from the Network traffic). It bogs down together
> with the Network, and might not recuperated.
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "ifmusic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed) ooglegroups.com...
>
> > Mmmm, Never had any trouble with shares within my wired network..
> > Besides, how can a share misconfig take my wireless Connection DOWN.
> > i mean it's like unpluggin a cable from a wired adapter.

>
> > On Nov 24, 11:32 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >> You might have Sharing Problem.
> >> May be this can Help.
> >> Successful Sharing involves some general consideration in Network
> >> settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
> >> As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what is
> >> allowed
> >> to be
> >> shared.http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304040
> >> Jack (MVP-Networking).

>
> >> "ifmusic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> messagenews:(E-Mail Removed) oglegroups.com...

>
> >> >i have a wired lan connected to a wlan through an AP. i have Two PCs
> >> > connected to the AP, a Standard PC and a Notebook. Both have
> >> > connectivity, internet access and can "see" the wired net just fine.
> >> > But, i tried this:
> >> > from PC "A" tried to open a xvid (350mb) from a PC "B", both in the
> >> > same Wlan, after a little while, PC "A" or Both PCs get knock out of
> >> > the net. Then i would have to reconnect them.

>
> >> > What's wrong?

>
> >> > i use WPA (PSK), PC "A" is a XP pro and the PC "B" (the notebook) is a
> >> > XP Home. All working in 802.1g @ 48~54Mbps


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second security rival knocks Microsoft's antispyware Defender Au79 Computer Support 2 02-24-2007 07:17 AM
Cisco VPN client knocks out network interfaces dalyian39@hotmail.com Cisco 1 05-03-2005 04:29 PM
Upgraded to Winxp,Now HD knocks when starting and closeing Ockerr Computer Support 11 11-23-2004 06:24 PM
SP2 Knocks Out Windows Messenger? Sens Fan Happy In Ohio Computer Support 4 10-10-2004 07:07 PM
virus that knocks out norton?? puffy Computer Support 14 05-08-2004 05:09 PM



Advertisments