Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX and monitoring software

PIX and monitoring software

Rob

Hi,

I am looking for an efficient software to help me monitor a LAN with a about
400 workstations. I want to monitor the internal users activities, including
Internet also I want to be able to simply disconnect a user from Internet
in case he is doing something business unrelated, but I dont want to filter
the urls, so I am not looking for applications like Websense or SurfControl.
I also need to check the Internet/Network Bandwidth usage in total and per
person at any time, so in case I get any complain about network/Internet
speed I can simply find the reason.

Does anyone know such software?

My firewall is a PIX 515, it doesnt do these jobs, does it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion-Rob

merv.hrabi@rogers.com

What LAN hardware is installed in additiona to the PIX ?

SysAdm

"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:420d2529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for an efficient software to help me monitor a LAN with a

about
> 400 workstations. I want to monitor the internal users activities,

including
> Internet also I want to be able to simply disconnect a user from Internet
> in case he is doing something business unrelated, but I dont want to

filter
> the urls, so I am not looking for applications like Websense or

SurfControl.
> I also need to check the Internet/Network Bandwidth usage in total and

per
> person at any time, so in case I get any complain about network/Internet
> speed I can simply find the reason.
>
> Does anyone know such software?

perfect match...
http://www.lightspeedsystems.com/lan...onitoring+Know

SysAdm

Richard Collard

Hello,

I'd do it with ISS Proventia A or G. www.iss.net/proventia + OPSEC on
CheckPoint. You also may want a proventia M having a built-in content
filtering module from Cobion AG

But, with a PIX you can't do really anything but integrate your PIX to a
Websense content filter architecture.

Richard

Rob

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> What LAN hardware is installed in additiona to the PIX ?

Windows 2k/03 servers and 2k/xp workstations.
Rob

yoyo

Rob, you may also want to look at Check Point InterSpect. It's designed
specifically as an internal security GW. It has also some interesting
optional integration with zonelabs' endpoint product
Rob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for an efficient software to help me monitor a LAN with

a about
> 400 workstations. I want to monitor the internal users activities,

including
> Internet also I want to be able to simply disconnect a user from

Internet
> in case he is doing something business unrelated, but I dont want to

filter
> the urls, so I am not looking for applications like Websense or

SurfControl.
> I also need to check the Internet/Network Bandwidth usage in total

and per
> person at any time, so in case I get any complain about

network/Internet
> speed I can simply find the reason.
>
> Does anyone know such software?
>

> My firewall is a PIX 515, it doesnt do these jobs, does it?
>

> Thanks in advance for any suggestion-Rob

jolincai11 jolincai11 is offline
Junior Member

what software you are looking fior LAN Spy Monitor i think , it can fill all your request, i use it very well.