Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Enable Windows Zero Config

Enable Windows Zero Config

=?Utf-8?B?UiBPcm1lcm9k?=

My home PC is set up on a wireless network (of just my PC).

Recently I have been unable to connect to the internet due to 'Limited or No
Connectivity'.

This problem can be resolved manually every time I login by right clicking
the wireless network kit manufacturer's software and selecting 'Enable
Windows Zero Config'.

Is there a way to enable this by default on login through Windows or do I
have to reconfigure the wireless network kit manufacturer's software (I've
had a look on microsoft.com but most of the articles are about disabling)?

--
R Ormerod

--
R Ormerod

mike

control panel > administrative tools > services > wireless zero
configuration > stop

"R Ormerod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My home PC is set up on a wireless network (of just my PC).
>
> Recently I have been unable to connect to the internet due to 'Limited or
> No
> Connectivity'.
>
> This problem can be resolved manually every time I login by right clicking
> the wireless network kit manufacturer's software and selecting 'Enable
> Windows Zero Config'.
>
> Is there a way to enable this by default on login through Windows or do I
> have to reconfigure the wireless network kit manufacturer's software (I've
> had a look on microsoft.com but most of the articles are about disabling)?
>
> --
> R Ormerod
>
> --
> R Ormerod

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Here you can find instructions with screen shoots.
However make sure that the original wireless utility is out of the settings.
Most of these utilities switch Off WZC when they start.
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"R Ormerod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My home PC is set up on a wireless network (of just my PC).
>
> Recently I have been unable to connect to the internet due to 'Limited or
> No
> Connectivity'.
>
> This problem can be resolved manually every time I login by right clicking
> the wireless network kit manufacturer's software and selecting 'Enable
> Windows Zero Config'.
>
> Is there a way to enable this by default on login through Windows or do I
> have to reconfigure the wireless network kit manufacturer's software (I've
> had a look on microsoft.com but most of the articles are about disabling)?
>
> --
> R Ormerod
>
> --
> R Ormerod

Raul

"mike" wrote:

> control panel > administrative tools > services > wireless zero
> configuration > stop
>
> "R Ormerod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My home PC is set up on a wireless network (of just my PC).
> >
> > Recently I have been unable to connect to the internet due to 'Limited or
> > No
> > Connectivity'.
> >
> > This problem can be resolved manually every time I login by right clicking
> > the wireless network kit manufacturer's software and selecting 'Enable
> > Windows Zero Config'.
> >
> > Is there a way to enable this by default on login through Windows or do I
> > have to reconfigure the wireless network kit manufacturer's software (I've
> > had a look on microsoft.com but most of the articles are about disabling)?
> >
> > --
> > R Ormerod
> >
> > --
> > R Ormerod

Raul

Thanks Mike..I was in some trouble with my laptop...My card bus drive are
broken and I take the decision of use the USB to use internet, but when I
started I can't see the Windows configuration..only I can see the new, of the
USB adapter with the name of the product. Really, Thanks.

"mike" wrote:

> control panel > administrative tools > services > wireless zero
> configuration > stop
>
> "R Ormerod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My home PC is set up on a wireless network (of just my PC).
> >
> > Recently I have been unable to connect to the internet due to 'Limited or
> > No
> > Connectivity'.
> >
> > This problem can be resolved manually every time I login by right clicking
> > the wireless network kit manufacturer's software and selecting 'Enable
> > Windows Zero Config'.
> >
> > Is there a way to enable this by default on login through Windows or do I
> > have to reconfigure the wireless network kit manufacturer's software (I've
> > had a look on microsoft.com but most of the articles are about disabling)?
> >
> > --
> > R Ormerod
> >
> > --
> > R Ormerod

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Many Wireless cards load the Vendor's Wireless utility with the Card's
drivers, and would uninstall the Drivers if the utility is Uninstalled.
One solution is to find out the maker of the Card's chipset and to download
from the site the OEM drivers.
Uninstall the Vendor's drivers. Install the clean OEM drivers and Windows
Wireless Manger (or WZC) would control the Wireless connection
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Raul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "mike" wrote:
>
>> control panel > administrative tools > services > wireless zero
>> configuration > stop
>>
>> "R Ormerod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > My home PC is set up on a wireless network (of just my PC).
>> >
>> > Recently I have been unable to connect to the internet due to 'Limited
>> > or
>> > No
>> > Connectivity'.
>> >
>> > This problem can be resolved manually every time I login by right
>> > clicking
>> > the wireless network kit manufacturer's software and selecting 'Enable
>> > Windows Zero Config'.
>> >
>> > Is there a way to enable this by default on login through Windows or do
>> > have to reconfigure the wireless network kit manufacturer's software
>> > (I've
>> > had a look on microsoft.com but most of the articles are about
>> > disabling)?
>> >
>> > --
>> > R Ormerod
>> >
>> > --
>> > R Ormerod

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Many Wireless cards install the vendor's Wireless Utility while installing
the Wireless card's drivers. Unfortunately many of them would Uninstall the
drivers when the user tries to uninstall the Utility.
One way to overcome it is by finding the support site of the Wireless card
chipset maker(Like www.atheros.com , www.realtek.com.tw , www.broadcom.com ,
www.ralinktech.com , etc. ), and download clean OEM Drivers.
Uninstall the vendor software, install clean OEM drivers and use Windows
Native Wireless Manger.