Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Enable/Disable Wireless icon missing from system tray

Enable/Disable Wireless icon missing from system tray

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZ2c=?=

"rhandrich" wrote:

> I ran System Mechanic on my Dell Inspiron 700m and when it was done, the
> little icon in the system tray that allowed me to EASILY turn my wireless off
> and on was missing from the system tray. [I don't know what it was called but
> hovering over it with the mouse generated a message to the effect of
> "Microsoft is managing this device".]
>
> Does anyone know how to reinstate that icon short of doing a System Restore
> to an earlier date. I like the other things System Mechanic has done--just
> not this one.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If it is Windows own Wireless Network Icon.
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#icon_bar
If it is a 3rd party Wireless utility start the utility and look for a check
box that would say something like Show Tray Icon and check it.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Gregg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "rhandrich" wrote:
>
>> I ran System Mechanic on my Dell Inspiron 700m and when it was done, the
>> little icon in the system tray that allowed me to EASILY turn my wireless
>> off
>> and on was missing from the system tray. [I don't know what it was called
>> but
>> hovering over it with the mouse generated a message to the effect of
>> "Microsoft is managing this device".]
>>
>> Does anyone know how to reinstate that icon short of doing a System
>> Restore
>> to an earlier date. I like the other things System Mechanic has
>> done--just
>> not this one.

Meez Meez is offline
Junior Member

I had the same problem, here is what you do:

- From Start Program, open the Intel PROSet Wireless program.
- In Intel PROSet, go to Tools --> Application Settings
- Under "Task Tray", check show application icon in task bar

I have just tried it and it worked for me

best of luck

Keverdy13 Keverdy13 is offline
Junior Member

PLEASE HELP! I am trying to install a wireless router to my Windows XP SP3 Home Basic (non-laptop). I need to open Wireless network, but there is no icon for it anywhere! The Wireless Zero Configuration is started and automatic. Please help, thank you!