Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Minor nuisance with Firefox

Minor nuisance with Firefox

History Fan

I'm using FF 2.0 on a Windows XP SP2 computer, DSL connection. Firefox
has one minor nuisance that I don't encounter with IE 7, and I'd like to
know if anything can be done. Let me explain.

I'll be at a retail website, with a long list of items for sale. I
click on one item, which loads a new page. Once I'm done reading this, I
click the back button to return to the listing. With Firefox, I'm always
brought back to the top of the listing. Whereas with IE 7, it returns me to
where I was previously, which is much more convenient. Is there a way to
get Firefox to copy this behavior? I don't know, maybe it is a FF extension
I have installed causing this behavior.

History Fan

> I don't know, maybe it is a FF extension I have installed causing this.

Nope, it can't be an extension. I just ran FF in safe mode, and it
replicates the same behavior.

Leonidas Jones

History Fan wrote:
>> I don't know, maybe it is a FF extension I have installed causing this.
>>

> Nope, it can't be an extension. I just ran FF in safe mode, and it
> replicates the same behavior.

It probably occurs on some sites and not others. It has to do with
faulty coding in the page.

The workaround is to open these links in new tabs, rather then the same
tab. Then, when you return to the original tab, its always right where
you left it.

Lee

History Fan

> It probably occurs on some sites and not others. It has to do with faulty
> coding in the page.

Yeah, you're right. I just visited Walmart.com, browsed back and
forth on some items, and I didn't lose my position on the page.