Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Sony DVD Player DVP-NS725P spindle binding

Sony DVD Player DVP-NS725P spindle binding

imjimsharp imjimsharp is offline
Junior Member

This unit is part of a home theater. I opened it up and looked under the hood. I found that once the dvd is inserted and seated, the spindle binds.

I can jump start the dvd player with my finger, manually giving the dvd a push and it works just fine. The dvd player then works fine. DVD loading properly, ejecting and playing....then without warning, starts to bind again.

Got out a can of dust off and blew out the motor assembly. But the problem is still repeating occasionally. I know that once I button it back up, it will be a no go.

Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

Jim