Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Sharing a T-Bird profile?

Sharing a T-Bird profile?

Pun Krocker

Hi,

Trying to share my profile folder with no success!

I have my Mozilla profiles on a spare partition and they work fine in
XP. I have recently installed Vista to my second drive and can switch
between them easily using the bios boot priority (2 sata drives).

Vista will not look a the profile, it always makes it's own as a sub
dir of the folder I am pointing it to.

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=0
Path=s:\mozilla_profiles\thunderbird\default.9f0
Default=1

Above is what works in XP, but not in Vista.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

--
P~K
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny

Leonidas Jones

Pun Krocker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to share my profile folder with no success!
>
> I have my Mozilla profiles on a spare partition and they work fine in
> XP. I have recently installed Vista to my second drive and can switch
> between them easily using the bios boot priority (2 sata drives).
>
> Vista will not look a the profile, it always makes it's own as a sub dir
> of the folder I am pointing it to.
>
> [General]
> StartWithLastProfile=1
>
> [Profile0]
> Name=default
> IsRelative=0
> Path=s:\mozilla_profiles\thunderbird\default.9f0
> Default=1
>
> Above is what works in XP, but not in Vista.
>
> Any ideas would be great.
>
> Thanks

Here is a MozillaZine Forum thread about profile sharing between
Windows/Linux, it might be of some help.

Would it work just to share the mail/news data, which can be set via the
Local Directory field in Account Settings? I do that on a newtwork drive
to share the data among multiple computers, Mac's, Windows and Linux.

Lee

Pun Krocker

On 20/11/2006 at 19:53:16 Leonidas Jones wrote :
> Would it work just to share the mail/news data, which can be set via the
> Local Directory field in Account Settings?

Cheers Lee, that will do nicely, the simple things just slip by
sometimes

Thank you.