Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't get connection sharing to work for desktop wireless

Can't get connection sharing to work for desktop wireless

melvinsmiley132 melvinsmiley132 is offline
Junior Member

So I got a new wireless card and router (Linksys SRT54GX4 router I think and the equivalent card). So I have my xbox next to the desktop and the router is quite a ways away (100ft+ of cables going around corners and such) but I want to connect my xbox to the DSL so I can play online. So the problem is that when I go to check the connection properties for the wireless, there is no options for ICS and I think there should be. My ethernet card has the option which I don't need to have turned on but nothing for the wireless. I checked my laptop, and that allows me to use ICS with the wireless and connect an ethernet cable between the xbox and the laptop to share. However, I would really like to get this to work on my more stationary desktop so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Running Windows XP Pro SP1 btw (can't get SP2, I will elaborate if necessary)