Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connection to AP drops

Connection to AP drops

Marcel Regg

I have a Dell Latitude D620 with an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network
Connection and a Netgear AP. The connection to the AP drops every few
minutes and does a reconnect. AP Firmware and WLAN card driver are uptodate.
What can I do.

Marcel

David Hettel

What kind of signal strength are you getting? If you use the find option how
many other access points are showing up? How many are on the same channel as
you are? Do you have 802.1x authentication enabled?

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

"Marcel Regg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Dell Latitude D620 with an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network
>Connection and a Netgear AP. The connection to the AP drops every few
>minutes and does a reconnect. AP Firmware and WLAN card driver are
>uptodate. What can I do.
>
> Marcel

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
In addition make sure that your SSID broadcast is On.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...