Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > can not perform PING

can not perform PING

tutik tutik is offline
Junior Member

Hello,
Can not ping DNS server (of another Autonomous System) although it is in my routing table (Cisco 3800). Server is located after six AS's. Under GRX (GPRS Routing Exchange) that operates this DNS server locates also other servers that are pingable and also are in routing table.
Thanx

mak007 mak007 is offline
Junior Member

it is very common for organizations/providers to block ping (icmp) to certain servers to avoid DoS attacks.

Have you tried to ping the same server/ip address from another network?

tutik tutik is offline
Junior Member

Yes, I have tried to ping from another network and result is the same.

Maybe, You are right about ICMP-request blocking. Thanks