Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox not working wth forms - Redux!

Firefox not working wth forms - Redux!

Victor

I wanted to follow up on my problem with Firefox now working with forms.

My original post:
---
I've got strange FF behavior that I can't diagnose. On my solid Win2K system, FF works
great except:

1) When reading Yahoo mail, none of the buttons (Deleted, Spam, etc) work
2) I cannot submit anything to a form, no matter how simple the form

When I try to do either of the above, even as simple as clicking a "submit" button in a
form, all I get is the little spiraling load animation in the upper-right hand corner
and the page does not change, ever.
---
Correction: "I cannot submit anything to MOST forms. No Yahoo form buttons work".

I found this page:
http://nosheep.net/story/firefox-form-difficulty/

that details a Firefox form button difficulty. According to the author, on SOME (not
all) Firefox browsers, when form buttons are wrapped in <label> tags, the form will not
work. He's got a great demo page here:
http://nosheep.net/bad_firefox.html
that works in IE, but does not work in my Firefox browser.

I also found this reference:
http://reporter.mozilla.org/app/repo...11622006952376

and this:
http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...2166789930b242

To my best recollection, I did not have this problem with Firefox 1.5.0.3. I am now
running Firefox 1.5.0.8.

Vic