Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Power Users rights

Power Users rights

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

I get a message when I run a program that a power user has it tells me can
not change system registry I hit ok then the program runs. Where can I change
the power users rights to be able to do that. If I run that same user as a
domain admin it works fine.

Thanks for all your help...

Kline Sphere

>I get a message when I run a program that a power user has it tells me can
>not change system registry I hit ok then the program runs. Where can I change
>the power users rights to be able to do that. If I run that same user as a
>domain admin it works fine.
>
>Thanks for all your help...

use regmon to see what registry key(s) this wonderful app is looking
at. Then if appropriate, and I mean *only if* appropriate, grant power
users the required rights on the key(s).

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Consultant

or use the new processmon!

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...ssmonitor.mspx

"Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I get a message when I run a program that a power user has it tells me
> >can
>>not change system registry I hit ok then the program runs. Where can I
>>change
>>the power users rights to be able to do that. If I run that same user as a
>>domain admin it works fine.
>>
>>Thanks for all your help...

> use regmon to see what registry key(s) this wonderful app is looking
> at. Then if appropriate, and I mean *only if* appropriate, grant power
> users the required rights on the key(s).
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...ssmonitor.mspx

it is real.