Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Slow Startup?

Slow Startup?

Queen Mary

When I startup Firefox, it seems like it takes forever. I would say
once I click onto a desktop icon, it is at least 30-45 seconds before
it comes up. Is that normal and if not, how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Mary

Leonidas Jones

Queen Mary wrote:
> When I startup Firefox, it seems like it takes forever. I would say
> once I click onto a desktop icon, it is at least 30-45 seconds before
> it comes up. Is that normal and if not, how do I fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> Mary

Firefox will never load up that first time as fast as IE does. IE is
never completely closed.

I find that after that first startup, subsequent starts are much faster.

45 seconds is extreme. This article gives some ideas on how you can get
your system to react faster:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Increasing_startup_speed

Once you have taken those steps, FF should start faster. If it still
seems too slow, there is a pre loader that some people seem think helps.
I have never used it, so I I can't say from personal experence:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffpreloader/

Lee