Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > I NEED HELP BAD!! Popups are poping up but the browser is not open!

I NEED HELP BAD!! Popups are poping up but the browser is not open!

_Juki_ _Juki_ is offline
Junior Member

This is my problem: the popups are poping up but the browser isn`t open. If i set the pop up blocker on in IE it stops and every time the pop up is blocked it make a beep and i drop out of the program that i am useing at that time....it`s really annoying! The stupied thing is that i don`t use IE, i always use firefox.
So i ran all the ant-spy programs, spy-bot....and also antivirus programs (NOD32)...all up to date! The problem still bugs me. I also found out that it has something to do with the explorer.exe that is seen in the Task Manager....

Please if anybody knows how to get reed of this problem...let me know!
(sori for the bad english)

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Disable instant messenger. It sounds like your machine got infected. You might try another anti-virus program (I use Avast, and it's free), and perhaps another anti-spyware program (I use Spy Sweeper, but it costs money.).

Good luck.

_Juki_ _Juki_ is offline
Junior Member

Hey, thanks for your advice. This Avast totally rocks!!! It got the trojan and a couple of small time viruses that I didnít know I had on my machine! So, thank you...