Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Bluetooth setup

Bluetooth setup

smlunatick

On Mar 20, 11:52*am, kalibalth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i cant find anything either... the driver are installed, and the wireless
> setup thing says that its on, but i have nothing in the control panel or
> anything else i thought tosearch for. i know for a fact that it was at one
> point on this very computer, integrated. no exteral anything. wheni bought
> it, it woked, ive since reformatted, and i cant find it

Bluetooth protocol has not been standardized. There are three
versions of the protocol

1- Microsoft -- Delivered with Windows Xp SP2 --
2- WidComm (Broadcom)
3- BlueSoliel

Head over to the "unit" manufacturer's web site and locate the correct
drivers.

Bhavtosh

hello all,
very informative thread; i want to share my problem as well.
-i have lenevo r60 with BT in it
-i have already enabled my BT from bios
-i installed latest BT driver from lenevo site
-i see one parent node "BT Devices" in device manager with only entry under
it which says "BT enumerator bus"
- i see BT icon in system tray with blue backgroun color and red image which
means "The adapter is either not working or the radio is off"
-when right click that icon i only see two options enabled (i) BT
configuration and (ii) BT device not found
-i also tried toggling off/on my Fn+F5 way but no luck as the BT icon stay
the same

problem:
i want to copy music or files from my nokia 6121, n70 and 3110 models to my
laptop and all three mobiles are BT enabled but my laptop is working properly

please help

--
thanx..
Bhavtosh

"David Hettel" wrote:

> Not clear if you want to turn it on or off. Either way try Fn F5 (Function
> and F5 (key)) That works on their notebooks
>
> --
> David Hettel

> E-mail or news groups.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

> no rights.
>

> "kriminal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >

> > hey my name is K and i have a lenovo 3000 V100 and i was wondering you
> > guys
> > could help me figure out how to turn of my bluetooth. Thankto my questions
> > for listening

Pavel A.

Configure the Fn F5 to display menu, instead of toggle.
Look what is the BT status there.

--PA

Bhavtosh wrote:
> hello all,
> very informative thread; i want to share my problem as well.
> -i have lenevo r60 with BT in it
> -i have already enabled my BT from bios
> -i installed latest BT driver from lenevo site
> -i see one parent node "BT Devices" in device manager with only entry under
> it which says "BT enumerator bus"
> - i see BT icon in system tray with blue backgroun color and red image which
> means "The adapter is either not working or the radio is off"
> -when right click that icon i only see two options enabled (i) BT
> configuration and (ii) BT device not found
> -i also tried toggling off/on my Fn+F5 way but no luck as the BT icon stay
> the same
>
> problem:
> i want to copy music or files from my nokia 6121, n70 and 3110 models to my
> laptop and all three mobiles are BT enabled but my laptop is working properly
>
> please help

Bhavtosh

i tried doing the same but still the problem remains the same

--
thanx..
Bhavtosh

"Pavel A." wrote:

> Configure the Fn F5 to display menu, instead of toggle.
> Look what is the BT status there.
>
> --PA
>

> Bhavtosh wrote:
> > hello all,
> > very informative thread; i want to share my problem as well.
> > -i have lenevo r60 with BT in it
> > -i have already enabled my BT from bios
> > -i installed latest BT driver from lenevo site
> > -i see one parent node "BT Devices" in device manager with only entry under
> > it which says "BT enumerator bus"
> > - i see BT icon in system tray with blue backgroun color and red image which
> > means "The adapter is either not working or the radio is off"
> > -when right click that icon i only see two options enabled (i) BT
> > configuration and (ii) BT device not found
> > -i also tried toggling off/on my Fn+F5 way but no luck as the BT icon stay
> > the same
> >
> > problem:
> > i want to copy music or files from my nokia 6121, n70 and 3110 models to my
> > laptop and all three mobiles are BT enabled but my laptop is working properly
> >
> > please help

Deepika

Hi
I also have the same problem.
After reading this complete forum, i want to confirm my understandin that
only when we pluggin a Bluetooth device in the USB, then only the bluetooth
drivers get installed. In case win xp Sp2, the supported device will not
require any extra installations of driver and it will work like plug n play.

My few doubts are:
1) I checked the drivers installed in my system through command prompt using
"driverquery".both signed and unsigned. Bluetooth drivers are not getting
listed in any list. When will these drivers get listed here??is it only after
using bluettoth device??? If yes, then i read that win xp sp2 has default
installation of bluetooth drivers and after that supported devices just
behave like plug n play.

2) Is there any way to establish bluetooth communication between a desktop
PC and mobile without an external devices like bluetooth dongle etc..?

I am naive to this area so might be these questions might sound too basic.
Can any body please help me and clarfy on the above points.

"Graypetter" wrote:

> I cannot find 'Bluetooth Devices' in Control Panel. How do I get to this, so
> I can follow the instructions for setting up Bl;uetooth pairing?

Pavel A.

Deepika wrote:
> Hi
> I also have the same problem.
> After reading this complete forum, i want to confirm my understandin that
> only when we pluggin a Bluetooth device in the USB, then only the bluetooth
> drivers get installed. In case win xp Sp2, the supported device will not
> require any extra installations of driver and it will work like plug n play.

Correct. The Windows plug'n'play requires that the device is present
in order to complete installation of it's driver.

> My few doubts are:
> 1) I checked the drivers installed in my system through command prompt using
> "driverquery".both signed and unsigned. Bluetooth drivers are not getting
> listed in any list. When will these drivers get listed here??is it only after
> using bluettoth device???

Better use Device manager to look at the BT drivers. Note that the BT
radio driver and all virtual BT devices won't show up in device manager
by default when not connected to USB.
How to see drivers of installed but currently disconnected devices:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

> If yes, then i read that win xp sp2 has default
> installation of bluetooth drivers and after that supported devices just
> behave like plug n play.

Correct.

> 2) Is there any way to establish bluetooth communication between a desktop
> PC and mobile without an external devices like bluetooth dongle etc..?

Sure, many portable computers have BT built in, so you don't need a USB
dongle with these. But you definitely must have some BT device on both
sides to establish bluetooth communication

Regards,
-- pa

> I am naive to this area so might be these questions might sound too basic.
> Can any body please help me and clarfy on the above points.
>
> "Graypetter" wrote:
>
>> I cannot find 'Bluetooth Devices' in Control Panel. How do I get to this, so
>> I can follow the instructions for setting up Bl;uetooth pairing?

Deepika

Thanks for the help.
it was quite useful.
But actually i am studying this as a part of my project.
I'll have a desktop PC.
Can you please help me how to check whether there is any internal BT device
present or not?
There is no Bluetooth device coming up in Device manager.
One more confirmation that whether we can we do programming in Win32 using
bluetooth API and develop some component which behaves likes a BT device and
3rd party drivers can be used for support such BT device is not requires as a
hardware.
If no then at what layer these bluetooth API are of use?
This is just my understanding.
Can you please help me on this

Deepika wrote:

> I'll have a desktop PC.
> Can you please help me how to check whether there is any internal BT device
> present or not?

Sure. First, find the user manual that comes with that PC, and check
there. If this step fails, ask an IT person at your school or seller of
that PC.

> There is no Bluetooth device coming up in Device manager.
> One more confirmation that whether we can we do programming in Win32 using
> bluetooth API and develop some component which behaves likes a BT device and
> 3rd party drivers can be used for support such BT device is not requires as a
> hardware.

Yes. Please refer to MSDN. www.microsoft.com/msdn

Good luck.
-- pa

smlunatick

On Apr 13, 6:21*pm, Deepika <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thanks for the help.
> it was quite useful.
> But actually i am studying this as a part of my project.
> I'll have a desktop PC.
> Can you please help me how to check whether there is any internal BT device
> present or not?
> There is no Bluetooth device coming up in Device manager.
> One more confirmation that whether we can we do programming in Win32 using
> bluetooth API and develop some component which behaves likes a BT device and
> 3rd party drivers can be used for support such BT device is not requires as a
> hardware.
> If no then at what layer these bluetooth API are of use?
> This is just my understanding.
> Can you please help me on this
>
> "Pavel A." wrote:
> > Deepika wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > I also have the same problem.
> > > After reading this complete forum, i want to confirm my understandin that
> > > only when we pluggin a Bluetooth device in the USB, then only the bluetooth
> > > drivers get installed. In case win xp Sp2, the supported device will not
> > > require any extra installations of driver and it will work like plug n play.

> > Correct. The Windows plug'n'play requires that the device is present
> > in order to complete installation of it's driver.

> > > My few doubts are:
> > > 1) I checked the drivers installed in my system through command prompt using
> > > "driverquery".both signed and unsigned. Bluetooth drivers are not getting
> > > listed in any list. When will these drivers get listed here??is it only after
> > > using bluettoth device???

> > Better use Device manager to look at the BT drivers. Note that the BT
> > radio driver and all virtual BT devices won't show up in device manager
> > by default when not connected to USB.
> > How to see drivers of installed but currently disconnected devices:
> >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

> > > If yes, then i read that win xp sp2 has default
> > > installation of bluetooth drivers and after that supported devices just
> > > behave like plug n play.

> > Correct.

> > > 2) Is there any way to establish bluetooth communication between a desktop
> > > PC and mobile without an external devices like bluetooth dongle etc..?

> > Sure, many portable computers have BT built in, so you don't need a USB
> > dongle with these. But you definitely must have some BT device on both
> > sides to establish bluetooth communication

> > Regards,
> > -- pa

> > > I am naive to this area so might be these questions might sound too basic.
> > > Can any body please help me and clarfy on the above points.

If you have a desktop PC that the Device Manager does not display a
Bluetooth "radio" then you might definitely not have a Bluetooth
"dongle" adapter. Most desktop PC do not have any Bluetooth device
"enabled" at the factory. It is the laptops that tend to be
delivered with Bluetooth device "factory" installed, as laptop means
mobility. With a mobility designed PC, users wanted a method of
connecting to the Internet, or remote to an office, that does not have
any wires. A lot of cell phones now come with Bluetooth "functions."

malaynatin malaynatin is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?R3JheXBldHRlcg==?=
Thanks to David and Pavel for their help.

A call to Dell eventually revealed that they had not loaded the Bluetooth
drivers correctly. A reload has got it all working. The Dell service centre
was pretty efficient in analysing the problem and talking me through the
solution.
Hi there. I have exactly the same problem as yours. Can you please share here what Dell Technical Support has told you? I am based in a non-English speaking country so it's quite a challenge to get to them by phone.

Hope you could help.